Tupperware lid as a food dish

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
crabby33

Tupperware lid as a food dish

Post by crabby33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:32 pm

I’m thinking of using a Tupperware lid as a food dish to hit all parts of my crabs’ diet. This way they can seek out what they’re needing.

CrabbyLover77

Re: Tupperware lid as a food dish

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I use a lid from a French's crispy fried onions container for my main food dish. It has high enough sides to keep most of the food in place, but allows my crabbies to drag their little butts right onto the lid to eat. It holds about 6-8 little piles of food. ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:33 pm

I thought of this after I realized that there is not enough room on standard reptile food dishes for all the foods that they need.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:45 pm

I agree, standard dishes def don't have a ton of room. I use round lids from peanut butter jars for their fresh foods they get each night.

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Zanthalia

Post by Zanthalia » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:19 pm

I didn't have a dish when we got the babies, but I had egg shells from breakfast that morning. I boiled them and broke them up and they make little tiny bowls that are the perfect size to put piles of food in. Also, they have the option of eating the shell if they decided they need calcium. Bonus: I can throw the whole thing away and start with a brand new fresh "bowl" every day without having to do itty bitty dishes in dechlorinated water. Tacky? Maybe! But none of them have asked for restaurant management yet. ;)Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Zanthalia wrote:I didn't have a dish when we got the babies, but I had egg shells from breakfast that morning. I boiled them and broke them up and they make little tiny bowls that are the perfect size to put piles of food in. Also, they have the option of eating the shell if they decided they need calcium. Bonus: I can throw the whole thing away and start with a brand new fresh "bowl" every day without having to do itty bitty dishes in dechlorinated water. Tacky? Maybe! But none of them have asked for restaurant management yet. ;)Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's so cute! It's kind of like when I order a taco salad at my favorite Mexican restaurant. When I'm done the salad, I can eat the bowl if I want too! Nothing like a bonus! LOL. Image