How should I prepare???

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
CrabbyChelle628

How should I prepare???

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am

So I have read that they can have egg shells for calcium, but I don't know what to do to prepare them. Most of their supplies I've been boiling, including the cholla wood. I have a feeling if I boiled the egg shells they would disintegrate. So can anyone help me by letting me know how to prepare the egg shells?

angelbear

Re: How should I prepare???

Post by angelbear » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:40 am

I just give them a rinse and put them in. Sometime I put them in as is, they seem to like the clear lining when I do. Sometime I crumble then. It just depends.

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

Hi, I have been crabbing about 7 now, and these guys have put up alot with my growing pains.
Proud mama of 2 shell babies:
1 e, and 1pp

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 pm

I don't like handling raw egg shells, so I always use the shells from hard cooked eggs. When I peel a couple of eggs, I keep the shells in a zip lock baggie and use them as needed.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:19 pm

You can even make a crabby scramble with eggs. Fry an egg up using organic coconut oil and crush up the shell in it! Unlike people the crabs don't mind shell in their eggs!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:19 pm
You can even make a crabby scramble with eggs. Fry an egg up using organic coconut oil and crush up the shell in it! Unlike people the crabs don't mind shell in their eggs!
That's exactly what I fed them tonight.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi