Picky crabs??

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
arosenbaum

Picky crabs??

Post by arosenbaum » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 pm

So I've had my 2 crabbies for just over a month now, and the only thing they will really eat is dried shrimp and coconut lol. I try to give them a wide variety of foods, but the only things they seem to like is coconut and dried shrimp. I've given them apples, carrots, grapes, blueberries, spinach, chia seeds, oats, walnuts (yes, I've basically been going down the safe foods list to find stuff they like), strawberries, molasses (which I've heard is a really good treat for them, but they haven't touched it), some dried bugs (I don't have a lot of meats around the house for them like chicken and beef, etc.), bananas, and other things on the safe foods list. Idk if maybe they're eating such tiny amounts that I can't even tell? Just thought I would throw it out there in case it's something to be concerned about!

Thanks!! :)
RIP Holmes and Watson: in hermie heaven since 10/2019.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Picky crabs??

Post by curlysister » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:47 pm

If your crabs are small, you just might not be noticing the small amounts that they eat. I swear that for the first few years I had my crabs, the only way I knew they were eating and drinking is that they were still alive. It seemed like I put in and took out exactly the same amount of food and water!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers