Emergency ISO/suggestions

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Emergency ISO/suggestions

Post by ErikRasmussen » Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 pm

In summation of tonight:
I am moving
It is raining
I may lose my job
One crab is dead due to mold
One molter was dug up (by me)
2 remaining crabs are now in this new and improved ISO
Other crab is at other house alone in the 55g under a coco hut

I will air it out in the morning and when I get home from work tomorrow evening.

I'll get it set up a bit better until I can get their 55g fixed up and cleaned out. Any suggestions while I'm at it?

I am going to have them in here for probably around 2-3 weeks depending on when A finishes his molt.ImageImage

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Emergency ISO/suggestions

Post by GotButterflies » Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm really sorry about Stitch - I saw the memorial that you posted.

I'm sorry that you are going through so much in your life right now! I don't have a tote, and I honestly don't know much about them, but I don't think you have to worry about airing them out. I don't think that it would be any different than having a tank with a glass lid. I think opening it to change water and food is sufficient air exchange.

maybe give them some more hiding spots, shells and climbing (or prop the sticks up so they can climb those) :) You want them to feel secure. Good luck!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Thu May 17, 2018 1:06 am

GotButterflies wrote:I'm really sorry about Stitch - I saw the memorial that you posted.

I'm sorry that you are going through so much in your life right now! I don't have a tote, and I honestly don't know much about them, but I don't think you have to worry about airing them out. I don't think that it would be any different than having a tank with a glass lid. I think opening it to change water and food is sufficient air exchange.

maybe give them some more hiding spots, shells and climbing (or prop the sticks up so they can climb those) :) You want them to feel secure. Good luck!
Thanks. So far the humidity is through the roof so I do air it out twice a day.

I'm adding more stuff in there as I move out of my old place.

Definitely a huge bummer to have a molt go wrong when you have had so many successful ones. Really humbling too.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am

My humidity is always at 99% and I don’t have any issues. If you get mold- just let it die off. Mold doesn’t hurt the crabs. Just us. Obviously they don’t want it on their food. Lol

Hey- everyone can lose a crab. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes it just boils down to luck! Don’t beat yourself up about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Yeah now that I am moving I am just going to focus on this new and hopefully last upgrade.