How much Eco Earth

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
GRMU99

How much Eco Earth

Post by GRMU99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 am

Since we are all doing the social distance thing i was thinking about doing a deep clean to the tank. I still have one crab that likes to burry himself on and off. I haven’t done a deep clean maybe in a year. I have added new stuff but, that is about it.

I have a 29gl tank. I was wondering on how much eco earth to put in the tank and how many bricks i needed?? As of right now i have 1 brick. I know that i would need to buy more online. I just don’t know how much i need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How much Eco Earth

Post by curlysister » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am

If you don't have an emergency like a bacterial bloom or flood, there really isn't any need to completely change out the sub.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

tarheelbs

Re: How much Eco Earth

Post by tarheelbs » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 pm

I may be one of the few that use all Eco earth in my tank. I have a 29L tank and i use 6 bricks. That gives you about 6 to 6 1/2 inches of depth around the whole tank. Its best to buy the ones that come in a pack of 3. Just get 2 of those.