Just went to PetSmart

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Kermie16

Just went to PetSmart

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Just went to Petsmart to get more moss and EE for my 20g temp and my 10 ISO - getting ready to move and need to empty out my 55g tank. Ended up with that plus some!! I got a Timothy hay "carrot" that I can hang in the tank - hoping to find a Tarzan crab one night LOL! - a cocohut with ladder, and a MASSIVE cork round!! I don't need the cork round right now but it was the only one left and I put it back and took it like 20 times before I just said get it because I haven't seen one this big ever around here! Oh and I strategically avoided the crab tanks - I can't stand to look in there anymore. I'm excited to redo my 55g after our move!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just went to PetSmart

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:02 pm

How exciting :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Highnmighty217

Post by Highnmighty217 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Share pic Kermie! Of all your new things!

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Here they are! All except the EE cuz we all know what that looks like (lol!)
This is the massive cork round
And here is the cork round on its side along with the Timothy hay carrot and hanging cocohut with ladder

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Here they are! All except the EE cuz we all know what that looks like (lol!)
This is the massive cork round
And here is the cork round on its side along with the Timothy hay carrot and hanging cocohut with ladder

Omg your crabs will LOVE the cocohut with the ladder, that's the cocohut I've had in there since August when I got them. They go nuts over the thing! I did have to cut off the ladder eventually because the rope and wool started to decay from the moisture, so keep that in kind lol. Other than that one small thing, fantastic choice for a cocohut!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Nice finds!! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:14 pm

GabyRaven wrote:Omg your crabs will LOVE the cocohut with the ladder, that's the cocohut I've had in there since August when I got them. They go nuts over the thing! I did have to cut off the ladder eventually because the rope and wool started to decay from the moisture, so keep that in kind lol. Other than that one small thing, fantastic choice for a cocohut!
Ditto re the crabs loving that coconut! I use mine as a hanging moss pit and have avoided the ladder getting funky by draping it over a small resin bridge to keep it off the substrate. The boys love climbing up the ladder and all over the outside of the coconut and it has been absolutely the best moss pit I've ever made for them -- doesn't need very frequent misting either.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Crabinski wrote:
GabyRaven wrote:Omg your crabs will LOVE the cocohut with the ladder, that's the cocohut I've had in there since August when I got them. They go nuts over the thing! I did have to cut off the ladder eventually because the rope and wool started to decay from the moisture, so keep that in kind lol. Other than that one small thing, fantastic choice for a cocohut!
Ditto re the crabs loving that coconut! I use mine as a hanging moss pit and have avoided the ladder getting funky by draping it over a small resin bridge to keep it off the substrate. The boys love climbing up the ladder and all over the outside of the coconut and it has been absolutely the best moss pit I've ever made for them -- doesn't need very frequent misting either.
Yesssss it's the best moss pit ever that's what I use it for

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Awesome!! Thanks guys!! I'm super excited:):) Once my move is done and my 55g is back up and running and redecorated, I will be sure to post new pics !!

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Yay!! Can't wait!!

Hermiearth

Post by Hermiearth » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Just an idea for the cork round- on the end that will be on the sub cut an arch door so the crabs can use it as a hideout! I put moss in mine and they love it!

Highnmighty217

Post by Highnmighty217 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Love the cork!!!!!!

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Hermiearth wrote:Just an idea for the cork round- on the end that will be on the sub cut an arch door so the crabs can use it as a hideout! I put moss in mine and they love it!

Perfect idea!! Thanks Hermiearth!

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Highnmighty217 wrote:Love the cork!!!!!!

Thank u^_^

Hermiearth

Post by Hermiearth » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Np (: