Mushroom

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Lothlorien

Mushroom

Post by Lothlorien » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:52 am

So, this guy just showed up in our crabitat.. Guess a spore have followed something inside?ImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Mushroom

Post by wodesorel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:20 am

They are really common, especially in the summer!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:12 am

Beautiful little guy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Topic author
Lothlorien

Post by Lothlorien » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 am

Are they bad for the hermies? Or can they eat them?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 am

I remove them when I see them as I'm not sure what species they are. They are not the edible button mushrooms in grocery stores. I've never had the hermits eat them, but the springtails in my tanks go crazy for them.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:03 pm

I only feed my hermit crabs mushrooms that are safe for human consumption. There are so many types of mushrooms. Better to be safe than sorry, so I buy mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:04 pm

wodesorel wrote:I remove them when I see them as I'm not sure what species they are. They are not the edible button mushrooms in grocery stores. I've never had the hermits eat them, but the springtails in my tanks go crazy for them.
Could they be hallucenigenic (sp?) mushrooms? I read they can be grown from corn kernels in coconut fiber.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Okay, now that the DEA is going to be knocking on my door due to my search history-

I had never heard that about magic mushrooms, but it looks like the corn is just used as a food source and has to be infected deliberately with the spores first. It is not naturally occuring.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:42 pm

wodesorel wrote:Okay, now that the DEA is going to be knocking on my door due to my search history-

I had never heard that about magic mushrooms, but it looks like the corn is just used as a food source and has to be infected deliberately with the spores first. It is not naturally occuring.
Lol. That's good!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi