Tote stability

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
casssch

Tote stability

Post by casssch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Does this look stable? You can see on the small ends where the tote is longer than the table. Should I be looking for a board to go between the tote and table? I don't feel like the table the hubby wants to use will be stable enough in the long term, but this one is just slightly too small.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Tote stability

Post by wodesorel » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Without being supported evenly it may crack from the weight of the substrate.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Yes, I would be nervous about it too. If you can add a piece of board or a different table, that would likely be safer. I posted a 'wanted' ad on the local swap and shop, looking for a table the dimensions of my tank, and found one for a good price!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
casssch

Post by casssch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Hubby picked up a free (!) 55 gallon tank today that came with a stand perfect for the crabitote. The 55 gallon will be set up for fish (if I can find a good fish forum) where the crabs and goldfish tanks were. Too much going on right now in my house setting up new stuff.