Crabitat done!

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

fandt94

Re: Crabitat done!

Post by fandt94 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 pm

One guy came up after digging down a couple days...glad to see he is ok (all of mine are newbies so to see one come up is a relief lol). He is also eating the peanut butter I put out....added some honey to the dish too
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
HHIhermies1004

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:07 am

fandt94 wrote:One guy came up after digging down a couple days...glad to see he is ok (all of mine are newbies so to see one come up is a relief lol). He is also eating the peanut butter I put out....added some honey to the dish too
Nice!! It’s nice seeing them above ground and walking about. Mine love honey as well and apples. I have tried the powered peanut butter and they love that! Two of mine are still skittish around me and duck as soon as they see me the two bigger ones come from a surf shop and probably saw lots of people so they pay me no mind. Those two especially like to dig I figured they were making up for lost time because they care from a tank with absolutely no substrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 am

I hope he continues to be more active... I'm hopeful now... Most of the crap sand I had is off of his shell since this last time he dug down it was in EE. Starting to set up my new tank later today with the proper substrate levels so I hope he stays above or at least pops back up again when the new tank is done so he can have the proper place to dig. The conditions they come from are terrible now that I have read all I have!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
HHIhermies1004

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:07 pm

fandt94 wrote:I hope he continues to be more active... I'm hopeful now... Most of the crap sand I had is off of his shell since this last time he dug down it was in EE. Starting to set up my new tank later today with the proper substrate levels so I hope he stays above or at least pops back up again when the new tank is done so he can have the proper place to dig. The conditions they come from are terrible now that I have read all I have!!! I had to wait as well to transfer all my guys to come up. Lol like they know we are waiting on them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I think he’ll be more active, now that he will have the proper substrate requirements it might encourage them to dig even more haha. 3 or my 4 are down but come up nightly to eat and play. I have mostly EE in my tank, it took 6 bricks of EE and a single 50 lb sack of playsand to get the substrate to about 10 inches for my 40 gallon. They love the EE and I like having the humidity boost since I don’t spray or mist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.