Two Questions

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Two Questions

Post by hermiwormi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 am

I have an untreated weaved wooden stand in the tat that I originally had my shell shop propped up on, but of course because it wasn't treated with anything, it gave in to the humidity and isn't strong anymore. I want to remove it, but it's planted in the sub like a tree. I also currently have crabs under.

1.) How could I go about removing it? I really don't want to though; I'm afraid of possible molters being harmed.

2.) How can I prop up the shop again? Any diy 'table' like structures? It was set up the way it was because of conserving climbing and crawling space, and also because of the way I set everything else up before I set up the shell shop.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Last edited by hermiwormi on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamison

Re: Two Questions

Post by Jamison » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 pm

You could use a locker shelf
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Can you wait until everyone is above ground before removing it?
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Crabby Fritos

Post by Crabby Fritos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Well, If it is in immediate danger of collapsing, then the resulting crash could be much more disruptive than removing it. If it looks like itis going to give out, make sure there are no crabs in the area. Then, slowly remove the log gently and quietly. then fill in the hole with more substrate. Then relocate the shell shop to a more accessible area.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am

curlysister wrote:Can you wait until everyone is above ground before removing it?
Unfortunately, everyone is never up at once. :(
This is why it makes it difficult for me to adjust or move anything around. I can wait and see if everyone will come up though for sure

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk