Update on tank conditions

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Hermit199013

Update on tank conditions

Post by Hermit199013 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:38 am

When I first got my crabs I had issues with heating it to the correct temperature and didn't know whether to use bulbs or heat mat( I'm a noob )

But much thanks to Motorcrab for all his input and anyone else that helped me! Finally have temps around 82° although I think should be a bit higher? Just wasn't really sure what the thermostat should be set at.

I've noticed big changes to the happiness of my little friends and very excited! Big guy finally came up from down under, maybe molted? He was down there for 4 days was starting to worry. Not only that but when I woke up all of them were out checking everything out and eating/drinking :D

Still have to do some decorating and make some pools. Also came across alot of shells I found on the beach where I grew up and boiled them to remove any grit or grime etc. Put several different sizes that my crabs seemed to need and 3 out of 4 pp have made new homes in them! Was very happy to see this as my largest seemed he was out growing his shell!

I had no idea things would be this much work in the beginning and I'm very thankful for this forum!
Will have to post some pics of the setup at a later time of course, just wanted to share this :banana:

Scarletfire

Re: Hermit Crab Convention!

Post by Scarletfire » Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am

Glad to see they're doing better!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Update on tank conditions

Post by curlysister » Mon May 27, 2019 9:30 am

Around 80 is a good temp, you don't need to go higher than 82. How's your humidity?

It is quite a bit of work to get things 'just right' at the beginning, but the intensity of care kind of levels off. Good job on getting things set up! And having happy crabbies!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Hermit199013

Re: Update on tank conditions

Post by Hermit199013 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 am

curlysister wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:30 am
Around 80 is a good temp, you don't need to go higher than 82. How's your humidity?

It is quite a bit of work to get things 'just right' at the beginning, but the intensity of care kind of levels off. Good job on getting things set up! And having happy crabbies!
Humidity 75% most of time, I can't get it higher misting. I have the stuff I need to make my pools with bubblers now gonna get those started today