New crabitat

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
justqltin

New crabitat

Post by justqltin » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:42 pm

so my first two hc in TN came home a year ago. They have been in an old 10 gal tank with an incandescent fixture and a spray bottle to mist. For all my concerns upon discovering how different it would be to care for them here both are thriving and have gone thru two molts successfuly :cheer: So I “rescued” 2 more this vacay. (I hate to buy them and support the industry—but these guys have already been “harvested “ and 90% of them will die within 6 mos due to pore care either at the pet shop or by the new owners) I also honored my promise to my daughter that if we could keep them alive and well I’d upgrade their environment. They now reside in a 20g Long tank with glass top that has lots more room, a reptile fogger and a fluvia led light that mimics dawn, daylight with varying conditions including storms, dusk and night. I tried to attach a pic but for some reason the app won’t cooperate. I’ll try from the computer tomorrow. edited to add still can not figure out how to get a pic on here. I guess I need to upload it somewhere but I can't find instructions. I did get it on the Facebook page...

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New crabitat

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 am

Congrats on the upgrade and the new hermies! I use the Tapatalk app to load pictures :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
justqltin

Post by justqltin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am

Seeing if I can upload pic via Tapatalk. Crabitat and 3 of my Hermies- one is down for a molt.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:05 pm

Nice! What are you using for substrate? It looks like it may not be deep enough - needs to be at least 6 inches, or 3 times as deep as your largest crab, whichever is deeper.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers