Cork round

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
crabby33

Cork round

Post by crabby33 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:01 am

Last night I thought about those toxic corner half pine logs and I realized I could break apart a cork round I already had and make it similar to those to fit in the corner of my tank as a hiding spot for my crabs.

soilentgringa

Re: Cork round

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:26 pm

crabby33 wrote:Last night I thought about those toxic corner half pine logs and I realized I could break apart a cork round I already had and make it similar to those to fit in the corner of my tank as a hiding spot for my crabs.
The pine half logs aren’t toxic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:10 pm

They do love cork though! I can't even recognize the piece I put in for mine a few months ago because they've been eating it down.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:41 pm

I was saying that because people over at the Crab Street Journal have said that. They seem to think the log hides are harmful when put into a closed off space or that the crabs will eat the wood and get sick and die. But that’s if you put wood, bark and needles straight from the tree into the tank and that is on the unsafe list. But it IS okay to use those half pine log hides.