Net + UTH?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
IsolatedShadow

Net + UTH?

Post by IsolatedShadow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Okay, so I am planning to get a UTH as a Christmas present for the new 100gal tank. I don't need a big one, considering my current tank can stay around 77-85. I just want one for whenever winter decided to get harsh, which would likely shoot the tank into the 60s at night. I wonder if it would be safe for me to put netting on the back over the UTH so the hermits have something to climb on? I doubt so, but I want to make sure.
New owner to 8 hermits, two of them belong to my aunt (and some of the others we both own). Hermits from smallest to largest: Dwebble, McShelldon, Crustle, Piggy, Sharkie, Lint. Snappy.

Hermiesguardian

Re: Net + UTH?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Are you putting the UTH inside the tank? Oe do you mean putting the netting on the wall where the UTH is placed on the outside? I was going to say it would be ok to place the netting there but I realized I have one of those decorative backgrounds with the UTH behind it. So I guess that wall might not get as warm.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

gunstreet.girl

Post by gunstreet.girl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 am

As HG noted, the UTH goes on the outside of the tank. With the UTH on the outside, you can absolutely have netting and other items on the same wall on the inside of the tank. I have the following on the same wall as my 2 UTHs: fishing net, plastic terrarium plants, moss pit, shell shop, large climbing branches.

Topic author
IsolatedShadow

Post by IsolatedShadow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 am

gunstreet.girl wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 am
As HG noted, the UTH goes on the outside of the tank. With the UTH on the outside, you can absolutely have netting and other items on the same wall on the inside of the tank. I have the following on the same wall as my 2 UTHs: fishing net, plastic terrarium plants, moss pit, shell shop, large climbing branches.
Yes, the UTH will be placed on the outside. Thank you for answering my question!
New owner to 8 hermits, two of them belong to my aunt (and some of the others we both own). Hermits from smallest to largest: Dwebble, McShelldon, Crustle, Piggy, Sharkie, Lint. Snappy.