Which Substrate Is heavier: EE or playsand

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
IsolatedShadow

Re: Which Substrate Is heavier: EE or playsand

Post by IsolatedShadow » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:17 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 pm
That's awesome! How are the hermies enjoying their new home? I bet you'll have fun finding all kinds of extra goodies to put in there since there's so much room. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
They're really liking it! I think they're having fun exploring the tank. I know Dwebble has been making laps around the entire tank at least 3 times the first night, lol. And I'll be sure to find something sooner or later. Might check the dollar store for cheap fake plant decorations to stick to the tank. That or maybe a craft store like hobby lobby lol. I want to have heaps of fake vines and such, but the stuff from the pet store is expensive.
New owner to 8 hermits, two of them belong to my aunt (and some of the others we both own). Hermits from smallest to largest: Dwebble, McShelldon, Crustle, Piggy, Sharkie, Lint. Snappy.

CrabbyLover77

Re: Which Substrate Is heavier: EE or playsand

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:03 pm

IsolatedShadow wrote: They're really liking it! I think they're having fun exploring the tank. I know Dwebble has been making laps around the entire tank at least 3 times the first night, lol. And I'll be sure to find something sooner or later. Might check the dollar store for cheap fake plant decorations to stick to the tank. That or maybe a craft store like hobby lobby lol. I want to have heaps of fake vines and such, but the stuff from the pet store is expensive.
That's great they're having such a good time! I always like looking for stuff at the dollar store too. The pet store can def be expensive. I made my own crabby climber and bridge out of jute twine I bought at the dollar store. I like to crochet, so I just crocheted with the twine instead of yarn. The bridge is too big for my 20 gal but should work when I upgrade to my 55. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the new crabitat!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav