Another Heat Question

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Kydra

Another Heat Question

Post by Kydra » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 pm

So I didn't want to hijack another thread and figured I'd just start a new one. Post-bacterial bloom with colder weather here, all I had was a Zoomed 10-20 gallon UTH on the back left side of the tank.

Just back from Petco a few hours ago and planned on just purchasing another to add to that, but ended up with a Zoomed 30-40 gallon UTH that I placed on the other side of the back. It's much larger so it does go a few inches below the substrate. Just wanted to make sure this is not going to be an issue???

I know most here would have recommended the ultratherm(?) UTH that can be insulated, etc. I just needed something quick for a few degrees of help as the room with crabitat is already 70 at the lowest with the heater on outside of the crabitat during winter (have another digital outside the tank). With the Accurite I was averaging 72-80 with just the smaller Zoomed so this should be fine and I'll be able to unplug one during warmer weather if needed. Anyway, was just really curious about the UTH a few inches below the substrate.

Appreciate all the help through the bacterial bloom! Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks! 👍👍

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Another Heat Question

Post by curlysister » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Yep, that's fine. Where mine go below the sub line, I add a bit of water now and then because the sand gets dried out there faster than in other areas.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Kydra

Re: Another Heat Question

Post by Kydra » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 pm

curlysister wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Yep, that's fine. Where mine go below the sub line, I add a bit of water now and then because the sand gets dried out there faster than in other areas.
Awesome. Thank you! 😎