Tank in bad shape

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
odelayheehoo

Tank in bad shape

Post by odelayheehoo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I am in a little bit of a predicament, and I don't know what to do about it right now.

The crabitat needs rework as soon as I can possibly do it, as the tank is very dry, including the substrate and the air, and the whole thing is a mess. The decorations keep falling down on their own, especially in the topper. The only bad thing is that some of the crabs are down, and I can't do anything right now.

I plan to move the tank upon the next chance, and then I am going to completely redo the tank to its entirety, which includes moistening and adding more substrate, changing decorations, replacing the insulation on the back, and getting a different sized heater as well.

Thoughts?
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Xenocrab

Re: Tank in bad shape

Post by Xenocrab » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Pics??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:50 am

Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Are you sure the sand is dry? The first inch or so is ok if it’s a little dry, as long as your humidity is maintaining a safe level, you should be ok. After awhile it is hard to keep stuff up, especially with suction cups, crabbies and sand. Could you wipe the glass on the inside and re-stick? It’s hard to keep a hermit crab tank “clean” bc we need sand and sand gets everywhere. I don’t think your tank looks bad at all. If your humidity is low, try misting a little. Just be very careful bc it’s a lot easier to deal with sand that needs a little water, rather than sand that is too wet. Maybe that will buy you some time until they all come up. They don’t make it too easy on us when we need to fix something. I wish they could tell us what they needed sometimes. Lol!