Tanks! (Pictures of Crabitats)

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

4ever21

Re: Tanks! (Pictures of Crabitats)

Post by 4ever21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

Another big and beautiful tank :banana:
9pp, 4 straws
30 clown loaches, 10 cory, 6 african cichlid, 1 parakeet, 2 cockatiels

ameisel

Post by ameisel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

pinkparrot ... or anyone else that knows .. what did you use for your platform? I like the way it looks and i have been trying to find something that i could do for a platform. I was looking into cake platters but this looks like it would take up less room then all of the cake platters i have been looking at. :)

also everyones tanks look sooo beautiful i hope i can get mine up and running and just as beautiful soon. =) I will post a pic of my starter tank in a couple minutes ... i have changed it since then. I have a pvc pipe with a reptile hammock that ripped up a little so its easier to grab wrapped around the inside going up to a second level shell shop (made out of a walmart soap caddy) now. it was only one level before. i also have an aquarium log for their hidey instead of the pink hamster castle. =)
8 PPs: Claus (tiny), Mia (tiny), Gustaf (tiny), Brutus (tiny), King (small) and Turtwig (small), Willie (Jumbo), and (?)Large/Jumbo <-- I haven't named it yet

ameisel

Post by ameisel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

This is my ten gallon that i am currently using but some stuff is different (see above)

This is the 55 gallon i got for $40 =D that i will soon be switching my crabbies into. I am gonna make it awesome before they get to move though.
=D ... we are going to move the clutter in front of it once we get it set up =D
Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures; they came from my phone
8 PPs: Claus (tiny), Mia (tiny), Gustaf (tiny), Brutus (tiny), King (small) and Turtwig (small), Willie (Jumbo), and (?)Large/Jumbo <-- I haven't named it yet

4ever21

Post by 4ever21 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:41 pm

ameisel wrote:This is my ten gallon that i am currently using but some stuff is different (see above)

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures; they came from my phone
The pictures are really fine. You have a very cute tank. I love it.
You got 55 gallon for $40? Wow, that's a great deal. When do you plan to set it up? I"m also setting up a 55 gallon, but I'm not finished yet
9pp, 4 straws

ameisel

Post by ameisel » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 am

I am just waiting until my next paycheck so I can buy some substrate. =) I am hoping to have it done by the middle/end of October :D

4ever21

Post by 4ever21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

ameisel wrote:I am just waiting until my next paycheck so I can buy some substrate. =) I am hoping to have it done by the middle/end of October :D
Awesome, please take some pictures when you're done. :banana:
9pp, 4 straws

SoulLonely

Post by SoulLonely » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Here's a pic of my rearranged tank. :lol:

PP- Currie (boy), Turnip (boy), Maddie (boy), Pineapple (girl), Scaredy (boy), Tremble (girl), Bitty Bite (girl), Frisky (unknown), Chloe (male), Big&Beautiful (female), unnamed (male), 3 unnamed (unknown)
E-Donkey (male), Sprinte (unknown)

ameisel

Post by ameisel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

ameisel - I made that platform with the help of my 9 year old step-daughter. It's made of long skinny popsicle sticks we bought at Michael's (craft store) and we used a hot glue gun. It was a lot of fun to make but I will have to take it out eventually because the weight of the shells sitting on it is making it cave in and I don't hink it will hold for a long time. It's ok for now though, I check it when I clean the tank.

For the next platform, I think I will use a small already-made wicker basket and just put some legs on it and attach a ladder to it. I love having the second level and there's always a crab sitting on it so I know they enjoy it too.
It definitely looks really cute but i guess i will start back with the cake platters :D I hope to see some pictures of the basket idea :D :D :D

nibbler125

Re: tnt4eva!! This is a public plee to you!!

Post by nibbler125 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:54 pm

First to contribute :D

Topic author
hermit lover 09

Post by hermit lover 09 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Can a mod make this a sticky? I think it's very useful for ideas! Keep the posts coming
Proud owner of 3 PP's (more to come) 10G tank
Ranger (girl), Mitsy (boy), Crust (?) R.I.P- Ebay (PP)
5 SUCCESSFUL MOLTS! Mitsy, Ranger, Crust!
"OMG!! treasure"

Topic author
hermit lover 09

Post by hermit lover 09 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Hey guys! Thanks! lets keep the pics, and discussions coming! PinkParrot I think you should use something other than hot glue, as even if it says non-toxic, it can be try silicone! Also the wood from Popsicle sticks is coated by a laminator so they can be toxic too! Try a shower caddy in it's place. You can get them from Ikea or any home stores like that
Proud owner of 3 PP's (more to come) 10G tank
Ranger (girl), Mitsy (boy), Crust (?) R.I.P- Ebay (PP)
5 SUCCESSFUL MOLTS! Mitsy, Ranger, Crust!
"OMG!! treasure"

Tomatogal

Post by Tomatogal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I love everyone's tanks! I posted my new tank in another thread, but I thought I'd post it here too. I got the tank on Cragslist a few weeks ago, and set it up on Tuesday. It's a 55 gallon.

Crabbing for 11 years as of June 7th 2017! :D
4 Purple Pinchers: Pinchy , Makoto , Skittle ?, 1 Unnamed ?

Someoneman

Post by Someoneman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Good glory, that's a lot of sand! How big is your largest?

Laney

Re: Tanks!

Post by Laney » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

wolfnipplechips wrote:Image

Also have a video because there's so much stuff you can't see in the photo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJ-TWKqqoE
I looove the way your tank is designed. Where did you get all your decorations and what not? Also do you have rocks as second stories too? Looking at the video it looks like you have rocks at a higher level where all your extra shells are.
Xbox Gamertag: OliveLaney13

Owner of 4 PPs:
Nanners
Dr. Zoidberg
Houdini
Raven

Tomatogal

Post by Tomatogal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Someoneman wrote:Good glory, that's a lot of sand! How big is your largest?

Ahaha, yeah it is. I went through almost 4 bags of play sand...and I had to carry it upstairs. I was so exhausted by the time I got the tank set up. :lol: Pinchy is my largest, and he's pretty big. I've never done a proper measurement with a chart, but I'm assuming he's somewhere around a small jumbo. :)
PinkParrot wrote: People, keep posting pictures of your tanks, they all look awesome and it's great to get DIY ideas.
I agree! I love seeing peoples tanks! :3
Crabbing for 11 years as of June 7th 2017! :D
4 Purple Pinchers: Pinchy , Makoto , Skittle ?, 1 Unnamed ?