Large crab out of shell, camping in water dish.

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

KayedeeLove<3

Re: Large crab out of shell, camping in water dish.

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Praying for a good turn out!!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Topic author
Lady Clutz

Post by Lady Clutz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 pm

THANK YOU all! For all your help and patiently answering my dumb questions! He's got himself mostly screwed down (he doesn't really dig, it's more of a corkscrew motion) for a molt and he seems to be doing MUCH better after the advice for eggshell and honey and meat. Again, THANK YOU for not calling me a terrible person for not knowing. I was on a fish board recently and since I've really only ever had dogs, it was a bit new, I thought they had ick and was told I was a moron and horrible for having one type of fish with another and that I was stupid (for following the petstore's guidlelines) of having 3 inches too much in my tank. You all are fabulous people, and I will be reading everything I can off of this website when I redo the tank! :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 am

If he is actively trying to dig down give him darkness with a tupperware container, or a cocohut/ just covering the whole iso as that will help him release the molting hormone. You are so very welcome for the help, everybody starts somewhere! Happy crabbing! :)

mool

Post by mool » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Best wishes for your crab!

I've been on many forums over the years and I've learned that forum members tend to be a passionate and self-righteous lot, myself included. Fish, horse, and sugar glider people are the worst on forums!! Many take on a, "my way or the highway" mentality that is less than helpful. Sorry for what you went through.

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:06 pm

mool wrote:Best wishes for your crab!

I've been on many forums over the years and I've learned that forum members tend to be a passionate and self-righteous lot, myself included. Fish, horse, and sugar glider people are the worst on forums!! Many take on a, "my way or the highway" mentality that is less than helpful. Sorry for what you went through.
I had a bad experience with people when I first got my crabs... only they kept going until I was crying and someone else had to intervene...
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:29 am

PinchersAndShells wrote:
mool wrote:Best wishes for your crab!

I had a bad experience with people when I first got my crabs... only they kept going until I was crying and someone else had to intervene...
That's why I like this group. Nobody gets attacked for their ideas, or having different methods. Friendly debate is good, bullying is not. :D

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:58 am

Rawrgeous wrote:
That's why I like this group. Nobody gets attacked for their ideas, or having different methods. Friendly debate is good, bullying is not. :D
Agreed!
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Lady Clutz wrote:THANK YOU all! For all your help and patiently answering my dumb questions! He's got himself mostly screwed down (he doesn't really dig, it's more of a corkscrew motion) for a molt and he seems to be doing MUCH better after the advice for eggshell and honey and meat. Again, THANK YOU for not calling me a terrible person for not knowing. I was on a fish board recently and since I've really only ever had dogs, it was a bit new, I thought they had ick and was told I was a moron and horrible for having one type of fish with another and that I was stupid (for following the petstore's guidlelines) of having 3 inches too much in my tank. You all are fabulous people, and I will be reading everything I can off of this website when I redo the tank! :)

This is so familiar to me... fish forums have this weird tendency to be aggressive places. I was so used to them that I was legitimately shocked by how pleasant this forum is. :shock:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Topic author
Lady Clutz

Post by Lady Clutz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Lol. Maybe the cichlids are running the fish forums. Lol!

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx