Surface Molt in poor conditions

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
about20percent

Surface Molt in poor conditions

Post by about20percent » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:08 pm

I have finally acquired some play sand and EcoEarth coconut fiber substrate. I can finally give my crabs what they need. The only problem is I have 2 crabs, one of which is surface molting in a cheap plastic tank I set up as an emergency ISO. How can I give the Crab proper substrate to control humidity without injuring or fatally stressing him? I fear he won't survive if I don't fix his tank, but I'm too afraid to move him. Would the risk of moving him for a few minutes be worth it? He is currently in maybe a half gallon tank with a mesh top and about 1.5 in of clac sand. I know I've made some mistakes, but I don't want to make the worts one in the next few hours. Help please.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Surface Molt in poor conditions

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

I would not move him. Can you place the kritter keeper inside of your new tank for humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
about20percent

Post by about20percent » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:46 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I would not move him. Can you place the kritter keeper inside of your new tank for humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that's an awesome idea! I hope it works lol. He won't be able to burrow in anything, but I think it's too late for that anyway.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:23 pm

:) We are full of great ideas here. Just teasing. That is what we always recommend to people if they don't have a separate iso. Good luck! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com