ANTS EVERYWHERE NEED A HOME (ARKANSAS)

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Archany

ANTS EVERYWHERE NEED A HOME (ARKANSAS)

Post by Archany » Wed May 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Since you've come to the emergency forum, we know you want a fast answer to your question. In order for us to figure out the problem as quickly as possible, we ask that you answer the following questions as best you can. Some of them may seem odd, but they're all designed to give us the information we need to give you a good solution for your problem. The things in the [ brackets ] are there to make this post easier to read once submitted. Thanks!

1. What kind of substrate is used in your tank and how deep is it?
7 inches all purpose sand

2. Do you have gauges in the tank to measure temperature and humidity? If so, where are they located and what temperature and humidity do they usually read?
Yes, in the middle

3. Is a heat source used in the tank? If so, what?

4. What types of water are available (fresh or salt) and how is the water treated (what brands of dechlorinator or salt mix and what ratio is used to mix it)?
Regular and Heat pad

5. What kinds of food do you feed and how often is it replaced?
All kinds of food

6. How long have you had the crab and what species is it, if known?

7. Has your crab molted, and how long ago did it happen?
No

8. What type of housing are the crabs kept in, what size is it and what kind of lid is on the housing?
20 gallon long. Covered mesh lid

9. How many crabs are in the tank and about how large are they?
7 smalls

10. How many extra shells are usually kept in the tank, if any?

11. Have there been any fumes or chemicals near the crabitat recently?
No

12. How often do you clean the tank and how?
Monthly clean the glass

13. Are sponges used in the water dish? If so, how are they cleaned?
No

14. Has anything new been added to your crabitat recently?
No

15. Is there any other information you would like to share that might be helpful (anything that is regularly part of your crab care, playtime, bathing, etc.)? [/i
No

16. Please describe the emergency situation in detail.

There are ants everywhere I'm my tank. I need to know how to nuke them fast. I have no iso tanks. Ill happily rehome to anyone near Fayetteville Arkansas as I fix my houses ant problem

Chocobo

Re: ANTS EVERYWHERE NEED A HOME (ARKANSAS)

Post by Chocobo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Move the crabs anywhere just please get them out of there, even if they're going to be spending some time in just a plastic box with nothing in it. They will kill your crabs. You're just going to have to deep clean that tank and try placing it somewhere else where you haven't seen ants.
my grasshopper is going to be a mom 💕 https://streamable.com/n8zpap

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:34 am

Throw everything away in your tank, clean the tank with vinegar, and bathe your crabs in dechlorinated water to make sure their ant free. They'll need to be kept in a temp home so you can monitor for any more ants. Wherever the ants are coming into your home needs to be sprayed with bleach and I have had success with lining the entrance with bay leaves (after the bleach) they hate them! Of course make sure your crabs are nowhere near the bleach or bay leaves.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 am

Also cake Vaseline on every entrance of ants you find! Smear it on everything! I have my tank lid and base covered in it, ever since I found ants in my home. You can sort of see it in my pic. Image

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:34 am

Hello! In the meantime, you need to boil/bake everything in your tank.

I would also like to address the fact that crabbies need Marine Saltwater too. Not just freshwater. They need saltwater for making saltwater fishtanks Products like Instant Ocean. Please also use a dechlorinator like Prime.
Please make sure you are providing calcium and foods off of the safe food list. Heat and humidity needs to be 80/80 IMO.
Please let us know if you need any more help!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com