New crab owner!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Random_Unicorn

New crab owner!

Post by Random_Unicorn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:23 am

I am so excited to have found this site. You all are full of awesome knowledge! So I have finally gotten hermit crabs after many many years since I was child of wanting some. After really doing my research, :crabbigsmile: they are actually a lot of work and require you to have the right environment. I'm glad I wating till now to get them. So with that said we have. Maui and moana! Maui is all over the place and seems to like bananas. Moana not so much she's just chilling in the same spot hasn't moved. I know she's okay I saw her leg make an appearance.

ROSIEonFIRE

Re: New crab owner!

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Cute names, moana is my favorite Disney movie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Random_Unicorn

Post by Random_Unicorn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am

Exactly I have two girls who love the movie

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm all about awesome grandmas and the prince free life ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Congrats and welcome!
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:27 am

i have found that 2 coconuts make great hides and a free meal for your crabs.
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:30 am

what are their species? i have 3 ceonobita clypetus, and 1 ceonobita violacene. (3 purple pincers, 1 viola.)

3 are boys, 1 is unknown.
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm

purplepincher wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:30 am
what are their species? i have 3 ceonobita clypetus, and 1 ceonobita violacene. (3 purple pincers, 1 viola.)

3 are boys, 1 is unknown.
Are you sure that you have a viola? Most hermits sold are purple pinchers. If you indeed have a viola, I would love to see a picture.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 am

i dont know for sure, i just saw the red mouthparts before it went down. i know they are rare, so dont attack me if i am wrong, but my computer wont let me take pics. and it is molting now. sorry if i am wrong, i just THINK/hope it is a viola. i know i saw red mouthparts though!

RiNiKy506

New crab owner!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Welcome! Image
purplepincher wrote:i dont know for sure, i just saw the red mouthparts before it went down. i know they are rare, so dont attack me if i am wrong, but my computer wont let me take pics. and it is molting now. sorry if i am wrong, i just THINK/hope it is a viola. i know i saw red mouthparts though!
Violas have black eyes/eyestalks and different shaped big pinchers, it would be cool if he was a viola but if you got him in the US at a pet store, he/she probably isn’t. Image They also need higher temps and higher humidity, you seem like you’ve done good research for your crabbies so you might already know all of this. Not trying to attack you or be rude, just want to help. Image I’ve been there, we see a hermit crab with some different colorings and hope we get lucky and have scored an exotic. Image

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:41 pm
Welcome! Image

Violas have black eyes/eyestalks and different shaped big pinchers, it would be cool if he was a viola but if you got him in the US at a pet store, he/she probably isn’t. Image They also need higher temps and higher humidity, you seem like you’ve done good research for your crabbies so you might already know all of this. Not trying to attack you or be rude, just want to help. Image I’ve been there, we see a hermit crab with some different colorings and hope we get lucky and have scored an exotic. Image
I think you are right. i guess i just hoped/wanted a viola and the discription kind of fit it. i REALLY hope she is one but i will still be happy if she is not. thank you for being understanding if she ends up not being a viola. i really did think she was... that claw was REALLY long. so sorry for not being able to upload pictures, my computer literaly will not let me take them. someday i plan to breed hermit crabs, and i actully am studying it right now. i hope my dream becomes reality.