Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
bugboy2

Post by bugboy2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:55 am

New member here, but not new to crab keeping. I have kept hermits since my teenage years (many many decades ago). LOL. I am an entomologist and have always been fascinated by the world of creatures with more than 4 legs.

Rawrgeous

Re: New member

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 am

Hi! I'm super glad to welcome you to the HCA! It's always awesome to have long-term crabbers aboard. I'm interested in your crabs- how long have you had them? I can definitely see how your degree would be very helpful, since they are closely related to insects. :)

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Topic author
bugboy2

Post by bugboy2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:54 am

Some of them 10+ years, they have traveled across the country with me. Hopping to start a crabitat for a large colony of E's soon. My current guys are PP's.

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 am

Wow! That's amazing! I'd love to see pictures of your set up if you ever have the chance. (Only if you want if course.) I just like hearing about/ seeing long term crabbers set ups and specs because of educational reasons. :) I like to think I'll have all of mine in 10 years.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Welcome aboard -- always a pleasure to add a long-time crabber to the fold :hello2: ! One of my crabs has been with me for a little over 8 years: he was quite small when I got him and still hasn't reached the "large" stage. And, yes, pictures if you feel like sharing.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:57 am

Welcome to HCA! Like everyone else, pics please! One thing that I (HCA?) prides on is that pictures are a necessity to keep the forum running smoothly.

But it sounds like you have a rather fantastic setup, would love to hear more about it!
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Muddy

Post by Muddy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:02 am

Welcome to the forum.