New here!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
koala2711

New here!

Post by koala2711 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Hey there! I'm new here but not new to hermit crabs all of my Hermies are purple pinchers because that's all I can find locally I got my first two 3 years ago but only one of them made it. And then I continued to get more from the local pet store but only 2 others have made it so far. (So up until last night I had 3 Hermies.) A few months ago I upgraded from a 10-15 gal tank to a 30 gal tank, so last night I decided to invest in another Hermie. I spoil my crabs so much :D in the regular tank I have half of it filled with sand half of it filled with coconut fiber, 2 climbing sticks, 2 coconuts for them to sit under, 2 water dishes, 2 food bowls, a net, a moss pit, LOTS of shells and LOTS of wood. Some of which sits under the edges of the coconuts to prop them up because the three year old one was tiny when we got it but is now HUGE. Last night I got a fourth crab and I've decided to name it yip yip after the aliens from the kids show. And currently yip yip is in the iso tank until Tuesday so that he can it situated. And he's already changed shells! (In the iso there is a climbing stick, a log they can sit under, two food bowls, two water dishes and plenty of shells.)
My current crabs names are Costello (~3 years male,) pip (~1 year male,) poppy (~1 year female gotten at same time as pip, we thought she was a he until about a week ago) and yip yip (~1 day gender unknown, assumed to be a he)
4 purple pinchers (Costello, Pip, Pop and Yip Yip)
2 dogs (Alfie and Bella)
3 cats (Patch, Puzzle and Misty)
2 rabbits (Max and Bugs)

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New here!

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Welcome to the board!

The crabs sound very cute, and the tank also sounds amazing as well!
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:15 am

Welcome!
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Welcome to the HCA! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:20 am

Hello, welcome to the HCA! :)
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Princess R.

Post by Princess R. » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have 4 purple pinchers. Crush, Bubbles, Sheldon, Sandy, and little Angelo. And I love Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life, and he knew what he was doing when he made hermit crabs!☺
-Ruth A. J. G.