Maybe molting?

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Fullmetalheart

Maybe molting?

Post by Fullmetalheart » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Hey guys so I found my one crab under the substrate at the very bottom of the tank. He has been there for about a week. I just found him I hope I didn't scare him! I didn't move him I just saw him from the outside of the tank. He moved slightly so I figure he is still alive.

My other Crab is hiding in the hidey hut and I haven't been able to catch him out and about lately. It's also hard to tell where he is because he changes shells like we change clothes. I'm so worried.... I need a camera or something. Any suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Re: Maybe molting?

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:23 pm

It sounds like they're just being crabbies. Try a Wyze camera and get an SD card to go with it. I paid about $26 for my camera and I love it. Got it on Amazon.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 pm

If the buried crab has made a 'window', many of us will tape a piece of paper or something over it so it stays dark for them to molt.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Fullmetalheart

Post by Fullmetalheart » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 pm

curlysister wrote:If the buried crab has made a 'window', many of us will tape a piece of paper or something over it so it stays dark for them to molt.
Thank you so much I will do that tonight. I also found my other one. I guess he switched shells for the 7th time and was in a different shell lol. Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk