Bully

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Sherman12

Bully

Post by Sherman12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm

One my crabs likes to bully the other. The bullied crab hasn’t shown itself recently compared to the the bully crab which is very active often. I know I shouldn’t dig them out. Should I just wait and be optimistic?

Edit Fixed it to shouldn’t
Last edited by Sherman12 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace Feller

Hermiesguardian

Re: Bully

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Sherman12 wrote:One my crabs likes to bully the other. The bullied crab hasn’t shown itself recently compared to the the bully crab which is very active often. I know I should dig them out. Should I just wait and be optimistic?
If they're buried, don't dig them up.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 am

Agreed. If a crab is buried, don't dig!
(Except under extenuating circumstances such as a flood.)
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:59 am

You would never want to dig unless there is a flood, as mentioned or ants or other similar creatures
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!