What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Giner13

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Giner13 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:08 am

Rawrgeous wrote:
Giner13 wrote:
Rawrgeous wrote:@giner13 My goodness- cuttlebone in the water dish?! Sounds like a college dorm party lol. Glad he's back up!

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
I know it was him because he had just previously been chowing down on it, looking at me so innocently haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. That's always how it starts right? And then as soon as your gone it's wacko-crazy let's see how much we can move stuff around for mom to clean up! Obviously that's not what they are thinking, but I never see their destructive behavior, just the aftermath. haha
Same!!!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:34 am

This morning one of my Es and a Pp were in the SW dish together. It appeared like the pp rolled off of the fish net. Image

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:36 am

GotButterflies wrote:This morning one of my Es and a Pp were in the SW dish together. It appeared like the pp rolled off of the fish net. Image

Aw I love it!!!
Mine were wore out from the full moon activity I think haha

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:38 am

The moon was beautiful last night!! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:46 am

It certainly was!!!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Ditto on the moon and the cute babies in the pool!!

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 am

Found this lovely trail tunnel meaning they were out last night!! The shrimp was gone & egg shell knocked off the cave so they must have partied hardImageImage

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm

He ran straight for the edge.. Almost plummeted off. Image
2 small PPs: Leonardo, Biscuit
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
1 Neon Tetra: Stevie. 1 Crawfish: Larry
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

he-man

Post by he-man » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:18 pm

shanedaman112 wrote:He ran straight for the edge.. Almost plummeted off. Image
Oh no! :smt042
my mom takes care of my crabs now cause im planning college B)

Jess4400

Post by Jess4400 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:30 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote:This is George. She is one of the many who like to sleep in this tree.Image
This is Iris. I took this picture about 20 minutes ago. ImageThis is Grumpy. He is an odd hermit.Image I could go on forever. My album on my phone is over 1,000 pics and I have only been crabbing since June 20th. This is Houdini. He and his species buddy that didn't make it were my first 2. Houdini is an E. Image
Omg I also have a crab named Houdini. I named him that because one time he molted for over a year and I thought he was dead. One day, he suddenly reappeared! :lol: Why did you pick that name? Do you have a funny story about it too? :o
(Also, is "quoting" the correct way to reply to a post? Sorry, I'm new. I will delete this if I did it wrong.)
2 PPs- Houdini and Jo

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 am

Jess4400 wrote:
KellyCrabbieLove wrote:This is George. She is one of the many who like to sleep in this tree.Image
This is Iris. I took this picture about 20 minutes ago. ImageThis is Grumpy. He is an odd hermit.Image I could go on forever. My album on my phone is over 1,000 pics and I have only been crabbing since June 20th. This is Houdini. He and his species buddy that didn't make it were my first 2. Houdini is an E. Image
Omg I also have a crab named Houdini. I named him that because one time he molted for over a year and I thought he was dead. One day, he suddenly reappeared! Image Why did you pick that name? Do you have a funny story about it too? :o
(Also, is "quoting" the correct way to reply to a post? Sorry, I'm new. I will delete this if I did it wrong.)
It is a funny story. I got my first 2 crabs at a carnival on a Friday night. I did the research Saturday to find out how to best set up a home for them. While at the store Sunday my cats knocked the critter keeper over and he got out. I immediately found his species buddy (who ended up not making it) running across my bathroom floor but Houdini couldn't be found. We looked for hours and finally said that since they are nocturnal we should just wait for him that night. I set up the tank for the other one and the ones I got at the store buying what I needed for the tank and just waited. Late that night he crowded across my bedroom floor and we caught him and moved him to the new tank. The next day I couldn't find him and had to sift through all the sand in the tank (before I knew not to dig up a crab) to find him. He had just disappeared again like a magician. He was a Houdini!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Jess4400

Post by Jess4400 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote:
Jess4400 wrote:
Omg I also have a crab named Houdini. I named him that because one time he molted for over a year and I thought he was dead. One day, he suddenly reappeared! Image Why did you pick that name? Do you have a funny story about it too? :o
It is a funny story. I got my first 2 crabs at a carnival on a Friday night. I did the research Saturday to find out how to best set up a home for them. While at the store Sunday my cats knocked the critter keeper over and he got out. I immediately found his species buddy (who ended up not making it) running across my bathroom floor but Houdini couldn't be found. We looked for hours and finally said that since they are nocturnal we should just wait for him that night. I set up the tank for the other one and the ones I got at the store buying what I needed for the tank and just waited. Late that night he crowded across my bedroom floor and we caught him and moved him to the new tank. The next day I couldn't find him and had to sift through all the sand in the tank (before I knew not to dig up a crab) to find him. He had just disappeared again like a magician. He was a Houdini!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bahaha! He's crafty!

2 PPs- Houdini and Jo

SonnyRayTWH

Post by SonnyRayTWH » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 am

I had another nice molt! I'm so happy! I'll post some pics when I have the chance to take them

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 am

SonnyRayTWH wrote:I had another nice molt! I'm so happy! I'll post some pics when I have the chance to take them

Yay!!! Congrats!! Yes, pics please^_^

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:07 pm

SonnyRayTWH wrote:I had another nice molt! I'm so happy! I'll post some pics when I have the chance to take them

That's great! Congrats! Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk