What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Giner13 wrote:So I knew I had seen signs of him using it, but FINALLY caught him in the act!!! Plus at least the 9th shell change...ImageImageImageImage
Wish I could post the video of him walking!! Apparently this wheel has grooves for him to use!ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wheel will work much better for him if you add craft mesh to it. Image

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

erin.leaman

Post by erin.leaman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:57 am

Currently, Susan is sleeping in the fishbowl cave, and Castiel is sneaking off into the shell shop. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Bands, Dreamcatchers, and Hermit crabs

erin.leaman

Post by erin.leaman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 am

SonnyRayTWH wrote:I'm glad she didn't pinch me with her big claw. I think it was more of a "hey why am I being held" or a "hey I kind of want to eat your hand" Image

My hermit crabs pinch me with their little claw all the time. Then the look up at me in childish wonder.
"What this?" *pinch* "Ooh, squishy!"
*looks up* "Oh. Hi. How long have you been standing there?"

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Bands, Dreamcatchers, and Hermit crabs

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am

GotButterflies wrote:
Giner13 wrote:So I knew I had seen signs of him using it, but FINALLY caught him in the act!!! Plus at least the 9th shell change...ImageImageImageImage
Wish I could post the video of him walking!! Apparently this wheel has grooves for him to use!ImageImage

That wheel will work much better for him if you add craft mesh to it. Image

That's what I originally thought lol but it as grooves in it that he grabs a hold to to turn it.

he-man

Post by he-man » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 pm

My crabs used to hang onto their old tank lid. Once one was so close to the edge, that we had to get sone scissors and cut the plastic warp that he was holding onto, and place him back in the tank WITH the plastic wrap!!!
my mom takes care of my crabs now cause im planning college B)

jfs

Post by jfs » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:33 pm

:crabbigsmile: Before I begin talking about my crabs (Hermie, steve, and Grouchy) Could someone take a pic of there tank and pm it to me or post it here? I really need ideas! (Crabbie talk begins) My crabs are crazy, Hermie is super active and climbs on everything! Even on me when im changeing there water! I don't have any fake plants yet (Why i need ideas, lol) but I have lots of wood they can climb on! Grouchy, Is escape crazy! I left for 3 minutes and came back and he was GONE! Found him in my bed (He crawled out of my closet and onto my bed), LOL. Steve is molting right now so nothing new!
you know what to do when life gets you down? just keep swiming, swiming, swiming, what do we do we swim!

2-hermit crabs
1-snake
5- veild chameleons
1-tortoise

RIP-Steve my little shelled friend.

he-man

Post by he-man » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm

jfs wrote::crabbigsmile: Before I begin talking about my crabs (Hermie, steve, and Grouchy) Could someone take a pic of there tank and pm it to me or post it here? I really need ideas! (Crabbie talk begins) My crabs are crazy, Hermie is super active and climbs on everything! Even on me when im changeing there water! I don't have any fake plants yet (Why i need ideas, lol) but I have lots of wood they can climb on! Grouchy, Is escape crazy! I left for 3 minutes and came back and he was GONE! Found him in my bed (He crawled out of my closet and onto my bed), LOL. Steve is molting right now so nothing new!
https://goo.gl/photos/bfeyV6AtXar7GWEVA
This is a link to all my crabitat photos so far! Sorry if you can't veiw them because you don't have a Google account.

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:14 pm

I love upside down crabbies!! So cute^_^ And Giner13, wow! Jack has grown so much since you first got him!!! He looks great!

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Gahbe still my heart!! Capt. Jack just allowed me to capture his 1:30 shell change!!!
Wish I could post the video lol

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Kermie16 wrote:I love upside down crabbies!! So cute^_^ And Giner13, wow! Jack has grown so much since you first got him!!! He looks great!

Kermie he has gotten so big!! I can only imagine how Peanut will look once he decides to surface from his now 4-month long molt! I'm getting anxious haha

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Honeycloud6744 wrote:
jfs wrote::crabbigsmile: Before I begin talking about my crabs (Hermie, steve, and Grouchy) Could someone take a pic of there tank and pm it to me or post it here? I really need ideas! (Crabbie talk begins) My crabs are crazy, Hermie is super active and climbs on everything! Even on me when im changeing there water! I don't have any fake plants yet (Why i need ideas, lol) but I have lots of wood they can climb on! Grouchy, Is escape crazy! I left for 3 minutes and came back and he was GONE! Found him in my bed (He crawled out of my closet and onto my bed), LOL. Steve is molting right now so nothing new!
https://goo.gl/photos/bfeyV6AtXar7GWEVA
This is a link to all my crabitat photos so far! Sorry if you can't veiw them because you don't have a Google account.
Your tat looks awesome!!

he-man

Post by he-man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks! This is our third tat (I think). My mom help me set it up. The crabs love it!Every time a new crab enters our crabitat, they go nuts over it! It's so cute! :lol:

SonnyRayTWH

Post by SonnyRayTWH » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:53 am

I love being able to see the bottom of my tank, I can check that R2 is doing good molting Image

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:54 am

Wouldn't you need to cover the window while they're molting?

he-man

Post by he-man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm with Griner13.