What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
moonbeam

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by moonbeam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Haha not yet, not that I've seen anyway. But he is climbing around and whatnot so maybe they had a quick hello. Every time I've been over to the tank, they've been on opposite sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 am

Poseidon strikes again. The large tunnel goes to about halfway under the acropolis and the smaller one is really deep. The large hole kicked tons of sand into the treat dish which was just filled last night with 2 large piles of popcorn from hcp and 2 other yummy crabby treats. Jerk.
ImageImage

It is hard to tell in this picture but the food dish is almost ready to fall into the big hole. Since that hole/tunnel runs half the length of the acropolis I am going to have to take it out to fix it.

I swear he's laughing at me...
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Desirae327

Post by Desirae327 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:50 am

Bones came up the other day from a three week molt. May have even been his first molt since being captured by the pet store industry. He looks so much better, "fresh" :)

Hermie (little one) and Speedy (big one) hanging out this morning in their lovely 85 degree tat, while I'm freezin out here lol :D

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote:Poseidon strikes again. Jerk. I swear he's laughing at me...

What a crabby jerk! Lol sometimes I think they do these things for their own entertainment. Like "hey lady! You stuck me in this glass thingy where you stalk me and scare me constantly! Take THAT!"
Desirae327 wrote:Image

Congrat bones! Love the netting/background in your tank!

Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Ryry wrote:*reunited and it feels so good*

And this morning they've dug their own private hole in the coconut hut :) my love bugs are back together ImageImageImage

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:36 pm

What a crabby jerk! Lol sometimes I think they do these things for their own entertainment. Like "hey lady! You stuck me in this glass thingy where you stalk me and scare me constantly! Take THAT!"
I agree. I think he watches me. If I am in sight of the tank I swear I feel eyes on me. Lol

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:13 pm

moonbeam wrote:Image

And this morning they've dug their own private hole in the coconut hut :) my love bugs are back together ImageImageImage

Awwww! Too stinkin cute!!
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm

I just spied on my crabs to see if they're doing anything interesting, and...nope!

Biggie is just chilling on the driftwood. He was the 4th crab I got, and only because I was hormonal and cried since his shell was too small. My hubby went back and got him for me. LOL. He's special to me.

One of the "quints" - I have 5 crabs in green turbos that I can't tell apart, so they're just the quintuplets. I think this is Cersei...or Loki.

Mario is up also, but he disappeared into the cork round before I could get a pic.
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:48 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote: I agree. I think he watches me. If I am in sight of the tank I swear I feel eyes on me. Lol
Lol my crew doesn't really dig up the tank too bad, or at least thy haven't yet but I have some crabs that love to throw shells out of the shell shop. One of them I swear does it on purpose and then looks at me like "what?"
Ryry wrote: Awwww! Too stinkin cute!!
They are too cute! Last night 3 of my original crabs were all climbing the wood/tree. It was cool to see them doing something familiar in the new tank. Of course now that I've gone and cracked open a coconut the tank is quiet lol. Hopefully they'll come out and dig in soon!
megmaholm wrote:I just spied on my crabs to see if they're doing anything interesting, and...nope!

Biggie is just chilling on the driftwood. He was the 4th crab I got, and only because I was hormonal and cried since his shell was too small. My hubby went back and got him for me. LOL. He's special to me.

One of the "quints" - I have 5 crabs in green turbos that I can't tell apart, so they're just the quintuplets. I think this is Cersei...or Loki.

Mario is up also, but he disappeared into the cork round before I could get a pic.
Love Biggie, he's a handsome crab! Quints, so appropriate lol.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 am

I should start a thread titled "Things Poseidon dug up last night" This is what I found when I looked in the tank first thing this morning.ImageImage

I think he may have finally dug down to molt. Guess I will find out in the morning. Gigantic holes means he is just hiding right now.

tykesanimalkingdom

Post by tykesanimalkingdom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Caught Toast out this morning. He's so frickin tiny! He's gonna need a GPS to get around the 40 gallon that we're upgrading to. Lol

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 pm

He's barely as big as a marble! Aaaaawwwwwww! CRAY CRAY ADORBS!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:58 pm

tykesanimalkingdom wrote:Caught Toast out this morning. He's so frickin tiny! He's gonna need a GPS to get around the 40 gallon that we're upgrading to. Lol
A GPS! What a hoot! :lol: The two new adoptees I received on Thursday are small and were awestruck :o by the immense (to them) size of the 10g ... they've yet to fully explore it.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

tykesanimalkingdom

Post by tykesanimalkingdom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:09 pm

A GPS! What a hoot! :lol: The two new adoptees I received on Thursday are small and were awestruck :o by the immense (to them) size of the 10g ... they've yet to fully explore it.
Aw that's so cute! Tiny crabs just melt my heart :hearts: :love::

Topic author
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

KellyCrabbieLove wrote: I think he may have finally dug down to molt. Guess I will find out in the morning. Gigantic holes means he is just hiding right now.
Maybe you'll have some peace in the tank with your digger down! What a trouble maker lol.
tykesanimalkingdom wrote:Caught Toast out this morning. He's so frickin tiny! He's gonna need a GPS to get around the 40 gallon that we're upgrading to.
Haha how cute! Love the GPS idea, my smallest Thumbelina seems to be a master of disguise!