What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

ROSIEonFIRE

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Omg I can't understand how all u guys keep ur crabs straight. I have 5 crabs and they are all named Crab.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:Omg I can't understand how all u guys keep ur crabs straight. I have 5 crabs and they are all named Crab.

ImageImageImage

ImageDave the Wondercrab~Pat~MaggieMoo~Billy~
Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~Tim~GeneImage My PP clan

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Overmountain1 wrote: ImageImageImage

ImageDave the Wondercrab~Pat~MaggieMoo~Billy~
Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~Tim~GeneImage My PP clan
It makes it hard to play favorites because my favorite Crab is Crab, and they are all Crab.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:Always so helpful.

https://youtu.be/ecY_WvbiL5I
That is soo cute! You always have the best videos!
ROSIEonFIRE wrote:It makes it hard to play favorites because my favorite Crab is Crab, and they are all Crab.

Lol!!! I can usually tell mine apart by their size or how they act. Although I have a hard time when one is down I’ll get confused and think one is a different one until the other come back up. Wow, did that even make sense!? Image

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:12 pm
Hey everybody! Mine all came back out from a successful molt a few weeks back, and that wasn’t enough apparently so I had to buy some teenies. Like literally- aside from Mary’s babies- the smallest hermit crab I’ve ever seen! Tim is sooo tiny! Ok so since I’ve got better pics of everybody (almost?) now, this is as good a spot as any to share.
Billy (we were gonna change the name but never came up with anything better so it stuck!) he lives in the wheel all day.
Sam the small, who is missing a walking leg. He has been buried for a few days and I’m hoping it’s for a molt.
Tiny Tim- nuff said!
Tim again- so tiny!
Ten- Ten is one of my very favorite crabs. He’s a unique looking PP.
Dave- our remaining original crab. Also a favorite.
MaggieMoo, just hanging around- looks like I still need more pics of her. Oh darn. Image
Corn- still learning about this one
Pop- I know how to tell them apart now, but with their similar sizes and shells I couldn’t for a while! So they’re Pop&Corn now lol
And tonight, this is Corn. I think.

Lastly, while not a crab, it is where they will be going as soon as we can drill the hole for the drainage system. The tank and stand, made by us.

Edit- I made that sound like I just buy crabs bc of their size, and while I can’t dispute the validity of the assumption, it truly isn’t the only reason. There were several factors and their circumstances were much less than ideal. They will have their own separate home in the 10 gallon for a while, til I feel better about putting them in with the others. Yes they’d *probably be fine, but since there’s no rush I won’t take the chance on it.

ImageDave the Wondercrab~Patpat the Scaredy Cat~MaggieMoo~Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~Tim~GeneImage My PP clan
My hermit crab Peach, looks very similar to Billy! Almost exact same colored body/exoskeleton and almost exact same shell. She is my biggest and has a 6/8” opening on her shell. So pretty small. My brother’s crab, speedy also looks like kinda like Sam, (shell too) Nice crabs!
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat May 11, 2019 11:22 am

Guess his plan backfired. Lol

https://youtu.be/kmQVR7XA974
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:28 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:Guess his plan backfired. Lol

https://youtu.be/kmQVR7XA974
Lol! What a tough little guy!

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Mine have been up down and all around today, it must be the warmth that is causing it!
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:14 pm

It turns out my crab Peach was a girl! Also two out of the three crabs are either under the sand/EE or they escaped. I’m pretty sure they are molting because I saw the hole get filled up. Peach usually hides during the day and may come out at night. Speedy (my brother’s crab), has been down for almost 4 weeks, and Blueberry (one of my crabs), has been down for about 3-4 days. Before Blueberry went down, he/she (I don’t know if it is a boy or girl yet) usually hid a lot.
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri May 31, 2019 9:45 am

Playing wheel of fortune. Zoom in on the wheel in the back.

https://youtu.be/ey_viUEyZGw
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:31 pm

Lol! I know I’ve said this so many times but you really always get the best videos!

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Fri May 31, 2019 3:06 pm

I got to get a camera. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:31 pm
Lol! I know I’ve said this so many times but you really always get the best videos!
Thanks. That's only because I watch each night's recording the following day. So there's a lot to choose from.

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:41 pm

One of little guys was hanging on the lid fold while I tried to take care of their stuff. He was content there even when I was going in and out of the tank like crazy. Got to love the bravery of the big ones!ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:10 pm

I'm going to need a larger wheel or another one. But neither would fit in the tank.

https://youtu.be/q83pnOxFXWc