What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:48 pm

Julsie wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:55 pm
Thank u :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem! It is awesome!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:36 am

My crab Kaulder has been pretty lethargic for the past 3 days or so. She's just been sitting on top her crabby climber, hiding in her shell, not really interacting with her best buddy like always. Today she disappeared from her favorite spot and left Beau alone all day (which is not like her). So I think she went off to molt. Poor Beau must have missed her. He decided to show his disapproval by sitting on top of a coco hut and banging an empty shell that was sitting there against the glass...for an hour lol. My dog kept barking thinking someone was knocking on the door! I didn't have the heart to take it from him. I wanted him to be able to get his frustration out lol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:24 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:36 am
My crab Kaulder has been pretty lethargic for the past 3 days or so. She's just been sitting on top her crabby climber, hiding in her shell, not really interacting with her best buddy like always. Today she disappeared from her favorite spot and left Beau alone all day (which is not like her). So I think she went off to molt. Poor Beau must have missed her. He decided to show his disapproval by sitting on top of a coco hut and banging an empty shell that was sitting there against the glass...for an hour lol. My dog kept barking thinking someone was knocking on the door! I didn't have the heart to take it from him. I wanted him to be able to get his frustration out lol. Image

That's funny. But also sad. And my dog would think someone was knocking too.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:00 am

Hermiesguardian wrote: That's funny. But also sad. And my dog would think someone was knocking too.
I agree, it is funny and sad at the same time. Kaulder def fooled me. She showed up this morning on her favorite spot wiggling her antennae like, "Here I am!" But now Beau is missing lol. Maybe he went looking underground for her. Image
My tortoise tends to make a lot of noise and my dog seems used to that (she's in wooden tortoise boxes and likes to dig in corners in the substrate). But I guess the shell against the glass was a new sound for him. Image

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:00 am
I agree, it is funny and sad at the same time. Kaulder def fooled me. She showed up this morning on her favorite spot wiggling her antennae like, "Here I am!" But now Beau is missing lol. Maybe he went looking underground for her. Image
My tortoise tends to make a lot of noise and my dog seems used to that (she's in wooden tortoise boxes and likes to dig in corners in the substrate). But I guess the shell against the glass was a new sound for him. Image

Haha!
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Links

What are your crabs up to?

Post by Links » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Mr Crabs blocking my view of Crabby’s tunnel entrance.

I’m playing with a camera app called Alfred. Tap video to play

https://alfred.camera/tv/k3gIDvgST

Edit: just tap the video to play

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:11 pm

He's so silly!

Julsie

Post by Julsie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:12 am

Image one of my biggest lounging in the pool.

Julsie

Post by Julsie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 am

Julsie wrote:Image one of my biggest lounging in the pool.

Hermiesguardian

Re: shortest distance between 2 points

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Silly crab. But there really isn't much space to walk around.

https://youtu.be/V0ZowquFJlc
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

AutumnFalls

Post by AutumnFalls » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:02 pm

I don't think crabs know how to walk around things. I had one crab keep trying to walk over another crab instead of going around him.

aslansgirl89

Post by aslansgirl89 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:33 pm

My 2 have an obsession with vanilla wafer cookies! I had them out to show to my toddlers once and one of them threw a cookie in the bucket they were in when I wasn't paying attention and as soon as they found it, they began devouring it! Now if I put them in the bucket with even the tiniest crumb of cookies they will eat it and keep looking for more by rubbing their claws on the floor and put them in the mouth! It is so funny! So, of course not very often, but occasionally I will give them an actual, substantial piece of it and they just devour it faster than I have ever seen hermit crabs eat something before! I even have to put the pieces in separate bowls to keep them from fighting over them! They crack me up!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

aarin-m

Post by aarin-m » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 pm

I couldn't find Rami when I got home so I figured he was underground, but then I looked up from the computer to see him hanging off the top of the cage! I have a glass lid, which was still closed, but he had somehow gotten to the lip of it from the climbing mat and made it over halfway across....where were you going buddy?

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm

aarin-m wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 pm
I couldn't find Rami when I got home so I figured he was underground, but then I looked up from the computer to see him hanging off the top of the cage! I have a glass lid, which was still closed, but he had somehow gotten to the lip of it from the climbing mat and made it over halfway across....where were you going buddy?

It reminds me of the time my Hoodini (I wonder why I called him that.. :lol: ) tried to escape when I was taking him home from a boardwalk. He was in a little box with some holes in it -I blew on it every few minutes to keep the air humid and I had my jacket wrapped around it-, but he somehow managed to escape when I wasn't looked and started crawling across my brother in the backseat! :lol: He was screaming at my to put my crab back into my box, and then everyone in the car started yelling. The little bugger also tried to escape when we were walking BACK to the car! However, now he's just a fat punk that just sits behind the wheel and eats. But hey, he's my fat punk! Hoodini, more like Foodini! :pffftt::

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm

aarin-m wrote:I couldn't find Rami when I got home so I figured he was underground, but then I looked up from the computer to see him hanging off the top of the cage! I have a glass lid, which was still closed, but he had somehow gotten to the lip of it from the climbing mat and made it over halfway across....where were you going buddy?

Jail break!!! Lol Image