Put a space heater in front of the tank...see what happens!

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
hermieluv1

Put a space heater in front of the tank...see what happens!

Post by hermieluv1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:41 pm

I put a large space heater in front of the tank. I usually move it around the room a bit but decided to keep it in front for extra heat for my inured one who is an iso kritter keeper inside the main tank.

I saw movement this morning down below, and found 3 crabs kicking back underground, right by the glass where the heater is! Two of them were eating (the ee that is mixed in with the sand, no doubt!) and one just chilling! The pics aren't great but enough that you can see!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Put a space heater in front of the tank...see what happe

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:42 pm

haha, the probably enjoying the insulating properties that the sand is having!
Just watch out to insure that you don't have a crab that overheats or my may have a few dead crabbies.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
hermieluv1

Re: Put a space heater in front of the tank...see what happe

Post by hermieluv1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:19 am

It is in front of the dresser that the tank is on, set at half strength. I should have said that!

I was surprised that they were eating down there! No wonder my food lasts so long!