I finally saw Bluey eating!

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
finleyfoo

I finally saw Bluey eating!

Post by finleyfoo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 am

Bluey tends to be inactive during the day (either buried in substrate or in her moss jar) and then comes out in the evening to play around. I tend to go to bed early so I don't see her too much. Last night, before I went to bed, I checked in on her and she was sitting in her food dish, holding down an oyster cracker and taking small pieces of it with her smaller pincher and putting them in her mouth. It was so cool!

Hermiesguardian

Re: I finally saw Bluey eating!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:18 pm

finleyfoo wrote:Bluey tends to be inactive during the day (either buried in substrate or in her moss jar) and then comes out in the evening to play around. I tend to go to bed early so I don't see her too much. Last night, before I went to bed, I checked in on her and she was sitting in her food dish, holding down an oyster cracker and taking small pieces of it with her smaller pincher and putting them in her mouth. It was so cool!
:clap: I love watching them eat.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Awww!!! That is so cool! I love how they eat, the way they pass it from their claws, up.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Topic author
finleyfoo

Post by finleyfoo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm

I have been trying to tempt Bluey out to eat some other things in the evening but she waits until I am not watching! I want to see it again!