Crabs behavior changing after new friends.

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Babybytc88

Crabs behavior changing after new friends.

Post by Babybytc88 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:07 pm

I had 1 E for a few months in my 75g. I decided to get her some friends. We now have 3 pps as well. My Bama used to play on her wheel. Climb around her tank and be active. Since the new additions she was skittish first few days and now seems to only do what the large pp does. She follows him and never strays. Has anyone else noticed their crabs behavior changing after meeting more crabs in this environment?ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Babybytc88 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xenocrab

Re: Crabs behavior changing after new friends.

Post by Xenocrab » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Crabsolutely! When we introduced our only E into the 30, my pp Little Chicky became his best friend!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
Babybytc88

Re: Crabs behavior changing after new friends.

Post by Babybytc88 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:50 pm

I’m hoping when the big one becomes more used to the environment maybe he will go exploring. So far he goes to the water to the food and back to the shell corner. Maybe then she will go back to do all the things she used to lol. At night when the littles come up she follows them around watching everything they do. I do miss seeing her on the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk