Stubborn E

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
ciaraalston

Stubborn E

Post by ciaraalston » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Y'all! I have given my E a TON of shell options! Different kinds of shells, different openings, different sizes... HE. HAS. OPTIONS!
and the little stinker refuses to change! He literally can NOT retract into his shell because he's so big, and he's just being stubborn! Also he's the only one up for the last couple of months. Lol
Check out all his options!

I knew Es have a reputation of being stubborn, but I didnt realize they were THIS hard headed lol.
Anyways, here's a pic of the precious little stink that wont change shells lol

Just wanted to share my "ugh!" Moment with yall lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

RiNiKy506

Re: Stubborn E

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:17 pm

I have two like that and it drives me crazy! He tried a green turbo on and then decided to stuff himself back into his old shell. It reminded me of a person trying to put on a pair of jeans that were 4 sizes too small! Lol!

Overmountain1

Re: Stubborn E

Post by Overmountain1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes! That crazy E literally folded himself up in order to somehow wedge the shell back on! That was too funny RiNiKy! I remember that but I’m not sure I still have it but I know you sent me a clip!

I have 1/5 Es that have changed shells, all my others are still in their original shells, still waiting to see what my stinks decide to settle on!!

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

RiNiKy506

Stubborn E

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 am

Lol! I’ve also wondered is it possible for them to get stuck in their own shells? I know with them being forced into wet painted shells they can, but growing too big into a natural one, I’ve wondered.