Beautiful and disturbing!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Lburns

Beautiful and disturbing!

Post by Lburns » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Thought I would share. Beautiful because, well, it's obvious. Disturbing because the crabs, if this is real, had to be forced into these "shells".

http://www.boredpanda.com/3d-printed-he ... i-inomata/
4 PPs. Crabbing since Sept. 2014. Batman - Found as a stray (holy crab!) (2 molts). Killer Croc (1 molt). Man-Bat (1 molt). Lex Luthor (1 molt).
RIP Robin (did not survive 1st molt).

CCCSilva

Re: Beautiful and disturbing!

Post by CCCSilva » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:09 am

I saw a video on youtube where the crab goes into that "shell" by itself. It's kinda strange :?
Mint, Choco, Chip and Cookie says hello!

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:23 pm

From what the video shows it looks like they take 3D copies of the shells the crabs are in and build cities based on the landscape of the shell. I too saw the video where the crab checked it out and willingly went in. The crabs in the video are so cute, I'm sure they are blueberries.

Breeezy

Post by Breeezy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:48 pm

I think these are pretty, but a little tacky! I love the potential of 3D printers though! Imagine literally the perfect shell for your crab. "You need a 1/2" opening? We can do that!" No more shell stealing from the beach!
4 Purple Pinchers (Hodor, Spree, Rosie, Leonardo, and Lucy), 1 Strawberry (Denver), 4 Ecuadorians (Dexter, Leeloo, Ghost, and Dr. Zoidberg)
1 Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Thorin)