Truly devestated, where is the passion?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
citiliviey

Truly devestated, where is the passion?

Post by citiliviey » Fri May 01, 2015 2:46 pm

After building my large 5'6 by 2'6 tank for my crabbies, I was so proud. But slowly I realized that I feel a loss. I still take care of them, of course. But I feel so isolated from them, it is so hard for me to find them in their big maze of leaves and hides. I feel like they don't need me as much anymore. Like they don't appreciate seeing me. And therefore, I am not around them as much. I have also had a cat passing away and a few things in the past that are really killing my mood, but I miss missing my crabbies. Please, help. I have tried to do so much for them. Has any one veen through this, any advice?

CallaLily

Re: Truly devestated, where is the passion?

Post by CallaLily » Fri May 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Try to find another way to throw yourself into crabbing. Make dry or frozen food mixes. Look for new climbing things or shells (try thrift store shopping to save money and repurpose items). Rearrange the surface of your crabitat. Check the adoption section or sites like Craigslist for cabbies in need of a home (assuming you have the room). Reach out to pet stores and local crabbers about proper hermit crab care.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat passing. I know how hard that can be and feeling like your crabitat is empty probably isn't helping. I really think trying to find other ways to connect to your hermit crabs when they're all hiding/underground really helps. (Or even when they're not considering they're not exactly a hands-on pet.) :grouphug:

Topic author
citiliviey

Post by citiliviey » Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

I am already feeling better! Thank you. C:

thermidor

Post by thermidor » Tue May 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Also..if you can't sleep, try going into their room around 2 AM to see what's happening. It is mesmerizing when they are all out, running around and about their business. I have to do this sometimes since only my strawberries come out during the day!

When you see them eating, drinking, and climbing it helps you know that they really do notice and appreciate what you do.