Adoption! :)

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Rawrgeous

Adoption! :)

Post by Rawrgeous » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 am

A nice college student contacted me about taking her 3 crabs on her not too long ago. She is going out of the country to finish her degree, and needed somebody close to take them in. Her mom is driving them down to me Saturday, and I'm super excited. I haven't adopted for almost a year! It will be nice to have a few more claws in the tank. :) I'm excited to get them settled in! Now I just need to spruce up the tank a bit haha!

LadyJinglyJones

Re: Adoption! :)

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 am

Yaaaay! :clap:
That's so much fun!
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Emm33333

Post by Emm33333 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:28 am

Yayaya!!! I might be adopting soon too!
From Emm
Happy Crabber since '16
2 PP's, CrabCakes and Odka (10g, 29g)
Soon to be owner of six adoptees and a 75g with all supplies!
Adoptees names! Bagel ( Big honkin Bagel aka BHB) Cece,Ebony,Mitzi,Rocco and Gwin

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:26 am

Ooooo!!! Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey on the topic of adoption, Yeti and Athena are now at their new home in a very nice 29g isolation tank, to destressand get comfy. I cried. But they are going to a very nice family who have been crabbing for over 15 yrs and have a well established colony in a 75g and another colony in a 50g. I'm sad and happy at the same time. She is going to take bellatrix and Dixon when they resurface too and wants to buy some of my things later too.

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Rawrgeous wrote:A nice college student contacted me about taking her 3 crabs on her not too long ago. She is going out of the country to finish her degree, and needed somebody close to take them in. Her mom is driving them down to me Saturday, and I'm super excited. I haven't adopted for almost a year! It will be nice to have a few more claws in the tank. :) I'm excited to get them settled in! Now I just need to spruce up the tank a bit haha!
That's awesome! I'm excited for you! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm

kieagcarm wrote:Hey on the topic of adoption, Yeti and Athena are now at their new home in a very nice 29g isolation tank, to destressand get comfy. I cried. But they are going to a very nice family who have been crabbing for over 15 yrs and have a well established colony in a 75g and another colony in a 50g. I'm sad and happy at the same time. She is going to take bellatrix and Dixon when they resurface too and wants to buy some of my things later too.

Congrats! If you want to sell her the shells I was going to purchase, I am completely fine with that! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:17 am

Congrats Kiegram! I'm very happy you found a good home for them! I'm sure they will be very happy, and you know they went somewhere that has the capacity to give them what they need! :) I still hope you check in with us time to time just to let us know you're doing well!
I'm pretty excited simply because there really aren't adoption opportunities around here often- even with my standing craigslist ad. Which I take as a good sign- because that means there are less people buying them. Plus, I don't run the risk of overpopulating. I think I am done for awhile though, as this will put my total at 9- and I only have a 55. I have more EE to add to my tank before their arrival tomorrow, so I can get the tank cleaned up a bit, and it should be ready to go before my new guys show up. :) I'm super excited to see how they like their new home! I'll be sure to share pics once I introduce them. :crabbigsmile:

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:48 am

GotButterflies wrote:
kieagcarm wrote:Hey on the topic of adoption, Yeti and Athena are now at their new home in a very nice 29g isolation tank, to destressand get comfy. I cried. But they are going to a very nice family who have been crabbing for over 15 yrs and have a well established colony in a 75g and another colony in a 50g. I'm sad and happy at the same time. She is going to take bellatrix and Dixon when they resurface too and wants to buy some of my things later too.

Congrats! If you want to sell her the shells I was going to purchase, I am completely fine with that! :)
No they are yours, I didn't include anything I promised to others in the list I made her that's available. I'll be able to mail them out next pay day, which is next Friday

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

Rawrgeous wrote:Congrats Kiegram! I'm very happy you found a good home for them! I'm sure they will be very happy, and you know they went somewhere that has the capacity to give them what they need! :) I still hope you check in with us time to time just to let us know you're doing well!
I'm pretty excited simply because there really aren't adoption opportunities around here often- even with my standing craigslist ad. Which I take as a good sign- because that means there are less people buying them. Plus, I don't run the risk of overpopulating. I think I am done for awhile though, as this will put my total at 9- and I only have a 55. I have more EE to add to my tank before their arrival tomorrow, so I can get the tank cleaned up a bit, and it should be ready to go before my new guys show up. :) I'm super excited to see how they like their new home! I'll be sure to share pics once I introduce them. :crabbigsmile:
Thanks, and congrats on your adoption. I hope you post pictures of them when they arrive

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Well, if you change your mind, that is fine. I understand that you purchased it for your babies I'm very happy that you are feeling better and that everything is working out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 am

Emm33333 wrote:Yayaya!!! I might be adopting soon too!
That's awesome! :)