Thank you all

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
CrazyCrab12

Thank you all

Post by CrazyCrab12 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I've had crabs for about six years now. I got my first as a gift from a friend. After a month in my (inadequate) care her leg fell off. I freaked out and ran to the internet for help. I found this website. It has taught me so much. Now I am the resident 'hermit crab expert' at a pet supplies plus location. I have worked there for 3.5 years. I only work there for part of the year due to attending college for the other half. I'm told by my co-workers that people call for 'the hermit crab lady' and ask when I will be back all the time. It warms my heart to hear these things. People have come from out of state just to get my advise.
I live close to a border so this isn't a huge deal, but STILL. I don't know as much as some here such a wode but I do my best :) We've go so many hermit crab people coming to the store I work at that my manager has now tasked me with educating the assistant manager about hermit crab care just so I'm not the only one who can answer questions. (If any of yall have tips on how to teach her, that would be great. Its hard to fit 6 years of passion and research into the 3 week time frame I've been given.) I appreciate so much everything I have learned here. Its helped me grow as a person and further my career. I guess I just wanted to say thank you.
Buy a custom portrait of your crab!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChatfieldPetPortrait

LadyJinglyJones

Re: Thank you all

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:16 am

I love this post!
:crabbigsmile:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 am

I would defer your assistant manager to here for some 'light reading'. Even the care guides would be a great start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 am

CrazyCrab12, I think it's so awesome that you are out there educating everyone about proper hermit crab care!! Keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk