Video Cameras in Crabitats

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Based on an offshoot conversation in another thread, I’m curious and want to start a discussion about placing live feed video cameras in crabitats. It’s a fun idea and it looks like some have already done it. Please share best practices and setups here!

Hermiesguardian

Re: Video Cameras in Crabitats

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 pm

I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.
Which brand/model 360 do you have? And subscribed.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm

ApePlanet wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.

360 Wireless Smart Home Security Camera 

I saw. Thanks.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

dorkamongus

Post by dorkamongus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Was just thinking about this! I feel like the kid from finding nemo with my head up against the tank sitting and watching/waiting for one of them to do something lol my oldest daughter came home last night and said she saw them having a party in the food dish :P

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:

I saw. Thanks.
Where did you get it? ( sry I’m basically camera illiterate lol) and how do you have it mounted? I watched your videos and I love it! I always seem to freak mine out no matter how careful I am approaching and flicking on a tiny flashlight out of the way.
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm

fandt94 wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote: Which brand/model 360 do you have? And subscribed.

I saw. Thanks.
Where did you get it? ( sry I’m basically camera illiterate lol) and how do you have it mounted? I watched your videos and I love it! I always seem to freak mine out no matter how careful I am approaching and flicking on a tiny flashlight out of the way.
Got them on Amazon. I have them mounted in small plastic soap dish. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 pm

ApePlanet wrote:Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?
Never a problem.

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?
Never a problem.
Awesome. Thanks!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am

ApePlanet wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:
Never a problem.
Awesome. Thanks!
YW!

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:49 pm

I LOVE MY CRABCAM! Now I can watch them without freaking them out. Here’s my biggest one chowing down.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 am

ApePlanet wrote:I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

I know! Isn't it great?? I love my cameras. Opens a whole new world of crabbing. How did you set yours up?

Topic author
LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:21 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

I know! Isn't it great?? I love my cameras. Opens a whole new world of crabbing. How did you set yours up?
It really does! I used the adhesive that was included to mount the magnet in the front-right corner of the tank.