Very First Molt was a success!!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
HHIhermies1004

Very First Molt was a success!!

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm

My E name Will Turner just emerged from his molt. I didn't know who else to tell because I am beyond giddy. This is my very first successful molt!! He went down the last week of July as soon as I moved him from a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon.

He is SOOOOOOOO hairy and his legs and pinchers are so sharp....and his color is is a beautiful gray/blue. I held back my urge to pick him up and give him a hug because i was so happy to see him i almost thought he was dead. I didn't want to cause him any stress so i just stared at him for 10 mins.

anyway i put out some raw unfiltered organic honey along with their diet and dug up the cuttle bone that was half way buried by the other guys. Sprinkled some crushed oyster shells all over the substrate, i think he already visited the water pools so i think he's good. all i need him to do is switch out of his painted shells so i brought down some shells from the second level shell shop that he might fancy. am i missing anything that you all can think off?

thanks for letting me share!! I'm just so happy.
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.

fandt94

Re: Very First Molt was a success!!

Post by fandt94 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Yay! It’s such a great feeling to see them resurface and discover they have molted! I’ve only had my one tiny do it so far but I suspect another is in the process because haven’t seen her for a couple weeks now. Again, congrats on the first successful molt!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed