It’s not the same

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
mxxlane

It’s not the same

Post by mxxlane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi guys. It’s been a long time since I posted. The last time I did my beloved E died. It’s been hard and I’m still sad over it, I miss him a lot. I still have my three PP’s but I’m looking for someone to adopt them, I’ve tried my best and I know this sounds terrible but when Biggie died my tank feels empty. I’ll miss Crab Cake since she’s the one I first got with Biggie, but I feel like they deserve more. I still cry over him and I know it sounds stupid but who knew you can love such a small creature. I feel awful for not feeling more to the other three because they haven’t done anything and I love them a lot, but when Biggie died I just don’t feel the same. It’s been months and I thought I’d move on but alas here I am. Sorry just needed to let it all out.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenocrab

Re: It’s not the same

Post by Xenocrab » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:48 pm

That's not silly or stupid at all! We love our crabbies too. We cry if they die or get sick. Our only remaining E lost all but one leg and has been getting hand fed every day since. I admire your strength. Thanks for letting it all out. I sometimes wonder if we are crazy for getting so emotional over these creatures, so it's nice to know we are not the only ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:49 pm

I am in the same shoes, except for rehoming my crabs. Ever since I confirmed my E died, I have not been on HCA as much, and it seems like my crabs have noticed, lol. I wait an extra day to change food and water and my crabs are moving less, but they are still relatively active. He didn’t even last a year with me :(. I will never forget the haunting moment when I came across his buried shell in the substrate.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:51 pm

We were very fond of our Es. They are different. It's their personalities and attitudes. We are trying desperately to save the last one. They are exceptionally rare in our area.

Topic author
mxxlane

Post by mxxlane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Xenocrab wrote:We were very fond of our Es. They are different. It's their personalities and attitudes. We are trying desperately to save the last one. They are exceptionally rare in our area.

I’m glad I’m not alone. He was just so special, I wish the best for your E and I hope he does well!

Topic author
mxxlane

Post by mxxlane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 pm

AwesomeHermit wrote:I am in the same shoes, except for rehoming my crabs. Ever since I confirmed my E died, I have not been on HCA as much, and it seems like my crabs have noticed, lol. I wait an extra day to change food and water and my crabs are moving less, but they are still relatively active. He didn’t even last a year with me :(. I will never forget the haunting moment when I came across his buried shell in the substrate.

It’s been 8 months but I still cry when I think too much about it. It’s nice knowing I’m not the only one who feels distant from their other hermies. I hope I can find them a great home! They deserve better

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Go to the adoption page here and I'm sure someone will adopt your 3 PPS. We rescued 11 back in January and will be adopting Mary's babies in July. We are maxed out at 5 tanks. They do take a lot of work and I think it's great that you want to re-home yours. My husband Motorcrab posts about Eddie almost every day. He's our struggling E. With any luck and a lot of love, hopefully he will grow back his legs and pinchers and return to full health

Topic author
mxxlane

Post by mxxlane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Xenocrab wrote:Go to the adoption page here and I'm sure someone will adopt your 3 PPS. We rescued 11 back in January and will be adopting Mary's babies in July. We are maxed out at 5 tanks. They do take a lot of work and I think it's great that you want to re-home yours. My husband Motorcrab posts about Eddie almost every day. He's our struggling E. With any luck and a lot of love, hopefully he will grow back his legs and pinchers and return to full health

Yes I posted in it! Fingers crossed I get a reply. They are a lot of work and with my heart not in it like it was it feels wrong to my others. Kudos to you for managing five tanks!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. I love all types of crabs, but es are my favorite. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
mxxlane

Post by mxxlane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:22 am

GotButterflies wrote:I'm sorry for your loss. I love all types of crabs, but es are my favorite. :)
Thank you so much :)

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 am

It’s good to come here and let it out because we all understand and feel for you. I am so sorry you lost Biggie, he is a beautiful crab. I hope you feel better soon, maybe since you got to let it out you will feel better. They really claw their way into our hearts, that’s for sure. <3

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 pm

my buddys salt and arrow died of pps. i know how it feels. i still cry, and both didnt even last a month. rest in peace, guys. they will see each other in hermie heaven where all hermies have shells and plenty of food, water and space. i beleive that they are in a better place right now. you are not alone. i incourage you to addopt some crabs, redo the tank and just start from scratch. they will bring you joy. if you want, you can do what i do and name your new crabs after your old one, you can honer them that way. i named salsa after salt and acorn after arrow. you can do the same and your crabs will always be with you. sorry for the length of this, i just want you to know you are NEVER EVER EVER alone. PM me if you ever want to let everything out and i will listen. peace be with your crabs.
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

Princess R.

Post by Princess R. » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:08 pm

I barely got to know Squirt before he died- probably of stress. But if one of my crabs which I'd had for a while died I can imagine the pain.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have 4 purple pinchers. Crush, Bubbles, Sheldon, Sandy, and little Angelo. And I love Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life, and he knew what he was doing when he made hermit crabs!☺
-Ruth A. J. G.