Low temp high humidity

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Low temp high humidity

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Yesterday my day bulb burnt out. My crabitat has been in 70s all day below 75 f. Since the temp has been low the humidity has been really high. Hoping the temps stabilize now that I have a new day bulb on there. So far my crabbies have been active and eating . Camo still has yet to molt. Hermy and tiger did switch shells so I'm hoping their crabitat warms up soon.

Lburns

Re: Low temp high humidity

Post by Lburns » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 am

They should be fine. As long as your temp and humidity don't go below 70 for a long period you should be good. A stable 80/80 is preferred for PPs and is where you will see the most activity. High humidity levels aren't bad for the crabs it's just the higher the humidity the increased chance for mold growth in your tat. Temps can get too high and harm the crabs. I believe 85 is about the max for PPs. The more exotic species prefer higher temps. Hope they molt for you. Do you have plenty of substrate? 6-8 inches? Playsand, Eco-Earth or a mix of both?
4 PPs. Crabbing since Sept. 2014. Batman - Found as a stray (holy crab!) (2 molts). Killer Croc (1 molt). Man-Bat (1 molt). Lex Luthor (1 molt).
RIP Robin (did not survive 1st molt).

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:16 pm

I use a mix of both . And I keep my temp at around 80 for day and around 78 for night . Humidity is usually around 75% but sometimes fluctuates but usually never low.

Lburns

Post by Lburns » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Sounds good!
4 PPs. Crabbing since Sept. 2014. Batman - Found as a stray (holy crab!) (2 molts). Killer Croc (1 molt). Man-Bat (1 molt). Lex Luthor (1 molt).
RIP Robin (did not survive 1st molt).