Second floor

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
WinkyCrab

Second floor

Post by WinkyCrab » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:53 am

I'm interested in putting in a second floor to my crabitat. I've seen many different types of second floors, from cholla wood to hemp nets. I want to try and make a platform that's almost like a stool, and can stand in the crabitat, and is removable. It would ideally take up a little less that half the length of the 29ish gallon tank I currently have. I'm considering a heavily sanded wood with some non-dyed sack tightly attached to it. I don't know how the wood or sack would do in the humid crabitat. I'm just thinking about this as an idea, based off of other second floors i've seen on here. Any suggestions for this, or any materials you think I could use, rather than the wood and sack?

AutumnHermie

Re: Second floor

Post by AutumnHermie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Shower caddy's designed for corner make great shell shops or moss pits.
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:17 pm

One of my favorite items I've used in the 29g is a two-tiered corner shelf from Walmart's kitchen section. I was unable to find a link for it but the cost was about $6.

The unit is on the right in the photo below. I had a moss pit on the top tier, shell shop on the lower tier and a coconut hide on the substrate below.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

JamieL

Post by JamieL » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:55 am

Crabinski wrote:One of my favorite items I've used in the 29g is a two-tiered corner shelf from Walmart's kitchen section. I was unable to find a link for it but the cost was about $6.

The unit is on the right in the photo below. I had a moss pit on the top tier, shell shop on the lower tier and a coconut hide on the substrate below.
I think I bought this exact shelf yesterday, going to decorate it and rearrange today. I have a 20g long though, so the shelf goes up to the top of the tank, 'they won't be able to stand on the top level. They could climb underneath it i guess though!