Secure screen lid help

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Secure screen lid help

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:34 pm

I haven't posted for a while .. but recently I was forced to downgrade to a 10 gallon.. I plan on having this temporary until I can get a clear bin big enough.. anyways , I'm stumped at how to secure the screen lid.. I can't seem to get the clips to stay attached ..I have one crab up right now. The other is down. Their temp and humidity are spot on. Well, the humidity fluctuates slightly but I plan on a moss pit to help . I just would like ideas for the lid issue right now please.

orangefire

Re: Secure screen lid help

Post by orangefire » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Are you worried about escaping crabs? If that's the case and you feel it's urgent I would just weigh it down with a rock or something.

I don't have a screen lid so I don't know their in's and out's but none of my lids physically attach, so I just put stuff on top, kinda ghetto but it works.

Sorry I'm not more helpful :?
Crab Army: 3 PP's strong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Shi Shi Sha!!" -Rusty Shackleford

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Yeah I'm worried about crabs escaping .. they like to crawl on the screen lid . My older crab tries to lift the lid.

Krusty Krab

Post by Krusty Krab » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Put something heavy on the sides of the tank. Until upgrade remove the decorations that are near the top of the tank.
(Just to be on the safe side)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

IBlab crab

Post by IBlab crab » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 pm

You can try to cut a pc. or two of plexi to cover screen and still allow the crabs to climb on lid.This is of course is if you are not using a heat lamp which you should not need on a 10.You can buy 2 packs of tank clips or piano clips to hold it down,the extra thickness helps keep the clips on.You might be able to get a few small pcs. of cut plexi for free out of the trash at Loews were they cut it.

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:42 am

The screen clips I bought dont fit. But I thought creatively yesterday. I had extra suction cup hooks place some on outside and attatched some thick string to that over the lid. Seems to be doing good job so far.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:56 am

There are different sizes for the screen clips (usually over/under 30 gallons) and they can be brand specific. The best thing is to look at how wide the metal is between the edge and the screen, and go from there. They can also be bent tighter if needed.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Yeah I have the clips for 29 gallons and under .. I just don't know how to bend it to get it to fit