New Crabs in KK

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
MrTeacherDude

New Crabs in KK

Post by MrTeacherDude » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:41 am

Just got 2 new PP's "Smash and Dash" last night. (Story in Misc...) When I got home, I quickly transferred them to this large KK with a mix of Sand, EE, and Moss, freshwater, shells, and food. I put a gallon size Baggie over the top to help keep some moisture in, but should I cover it all the way? Also, we are keeping the house around 72-74, any tips or tricks to keep it a little warmer? They're in a window right now, but it stays shaded and a vent is near.

Today, I am getting another inch or 2 of sand to raise the sub to half of the KK.

Should they be fine in this until Saturday? We were supposed to go home today, but my wife "surprised" me with 3 more days (don't worry my gracious parents are checking in on crabbies at home).

MsWorld

Re: New Crabs in KK

Post by MsWorld » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 am

You could wrap a towel around it for warmth.

Enjoy your holiday!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:18 pm

@mrteacherdude, it's kind of hard to say, bc in your kk you don't have a temp or humidity gauge-right? you could always mist your tank, or make your sub a little more moist with saltwater then put it near a warm light and watch it. Once humidity builds in the in the tank and it appears warm (but not hot), then I would use a towel to cover it and put it in the window. Your house temp is a little cool. Keep an eye on them ;) Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Anything is better than the fireplace setup! Lol!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com