Where should the temp/humid gauge be?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Talk2tjj

Where should the temp/humid gauge be?

Post by Talk2tjj » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Do I have my gauge in the right place? Or do I have it too high?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MsWorld

Re: Where should the temp/humid gauge be?

Post by MsWorld » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm

I personally have a few of them. Up high and down low plus I've got a probe that hangs low.

I personally like to have readings from the different zones.

Did you calibrate that gauge?

Topic author
Talk2tjj

Post by Talk2tjj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:12 am

MsWorld wrote:I personally have a few of them. Up high and down low plus I've got a probe that hangs low.

Uhhh. Since I don't know what you mean, I'm going to answer no...what do I need to do?

MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:41 am

Talk2tjj wrote:
MsWorld wrote:I personally have a few of them. Up high and down low plus I've got a probe that hangs low.

Uhhh. Since I don't know what you mean, I'm going to answer no...what do I need to do?

Sorry I fell asleep. On here if you search calibrate it will show you how to do it. You have to put the gauge in a Ziploc bag with salt for 5 hours to make sure it is reading right. Hence the reason why I have a digital probe one as well. Those kinds that stick on the wall (non digital) are not as accurate as we would like to think they are. My friend did hers recently and was off by 20 points! It was crazy!! Mine was only of by 5 points. But I personally printed the instructions out as it does also explain how to fix it with a screwdriver.

Please let me know if you can't find it as I can look for the link this afternoon and try to send it to you.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 am

I personally like to have them down low as its the space where the crabs spend most of their time... But like MsWorld mentioned, calibrating would be a good idea.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:40 am

I have analog ones too. I have never been able to get anything to be able to stick to the sides of the tank for a long period of time. I actually took a plastic fork, and stuck one tong through the back of the humidity gauge and the temp gauges, and I have them in the middle of my tank. I need to buy a digital one, but everytime I have gone to the pet store they have been sold out. I should just buy it online!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Talk2tjj

Post by Talk2tjj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Okay. I definitely did not do that. I will pick up a digital probe this weekend for Monday. Thanks for all the help! I don't want to freeze or Cook the babies!

Lau30

Post by Lau30 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 am

Sorry this isn't related, but could you please tell me where you got your second level from? The little one with the cocohut on it! I've been wanting to do this but don't know where to look!!!
Thank you :)

Lau30

Post by Lau30 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 am

Sorry this isn't related, but could you please tell me where you got your second level from? The little one with the cocohut on it! I've been wanting to do this but don't know where to look!!!
Thank you :)

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 am

I have 4 2 probes on each side one in the back middle not directly on the heater and one in the front middle if you are using a uth i would put them on pop siscle sticks with Velcro and stick them in the front middle

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk