Decided?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
PinchersAndShells

Decided?

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:57 pm

After looking at my choices some more, I have come to the conclusion that I'll more than likely not go for a heat lamp hood/fixture. I am going to be getting a 6" W by 23" L Ultratherm to keep the temp up, and get an aquarium hood with fluorescent lights later. In the middle of getting the Ultratherm and aquarium hood I'll probably be getting 2 plain blue aquarium backgrounds, one to hang on the back, and another to cut into pieces to hang on the sides. Hopefully that would keep the crabs from seeing too much movement that would scare them.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

MsWorld

Re: Decided?

Post by MsWorld » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Sounds like a good choice!

I hope I was able to help you with the reptile hoods.

My bearded dragon needs heat into the 100's which is way too high for my crabs. They are completely different lights and set ups.

With my crabs I too use the heating pad on the back with the lights on top. I have a day light and night light. 12 hours day 12 hours night, to help their circadian rhythm.

I think what you are doing is spot on and a great choice!

Topic author
PinchersAndShells

Re: Decided?

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:17 pm

MsWorld wrote:Sounds like a good choice!

I hope I was able to help you with the reptile hoods.

My bearded dragon needs heat into the 100's which is way too high for my crabs. They are completely different lights and set ups.

With my crabs I too use the heating pad on the back with the lights on top. I have a day light and night light. 12 hours day 12 hours night, to help their circadian rhythm.

I think what you are doing is spot on and a great choice!
Thank you so much for your help and support! :D
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/