Strange smell

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
beastyhylian

Strange smell

Post by beastyhylian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 am

Hey all,
So I've recently put some chicken in for my hermies to eat. This is the first time I've ever given them anything meat, but anyways I left it in for about 24 hours. I noticed an awful smell when I took it out. I can't tell if it's just bad meat smell or possible death under the sand. It's been a full day since I took it out and replaced it with veggies and the smell is still there. I have two underground who were from a store and they weren't in the best of condition (one missing a leg and some leg tips missing on both). So do you guys think I should dig down in search of a smell, or give it more time?

soilentgringa

Re: Strange smell

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 am

They probably stashed a piece of chicken somewhere. It happens.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

DarthCrabber

Post by DarthCrabber » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Yup. Like soilentgringa said, they probably stashed or buried some chicken. Mine buried a piece of squid and it took me about a week to finally figure out where it was. :shock:

MrTeacherDude

Post by MrTeacherDude » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Yeah I had a shrimp tail buried under a rock for about 3 days. All 4 crabs were up, but it smelled like fish death warmed over... until i saw just a smidgen sticking out of the sub...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Cooked or raw?? depends on that, how humid and warm it is inside and other side of the tank..I put food in at night before I go o bed and take it out before noon.