Automatic Mister

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
rf9661

Automatic Mister

Post by rf9661 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Hello,

I am looking for an automatic mister for my crabitat. I used to have one from ExoTerra but purchased one after the other and both broke. I prefer to have a system that has two separate hoses/nozzles since it will be used for a 200G (yes, two-hundred). The terrarium is outside so it's always a battle to keep the humidity up even though I'm in South Florida. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. Thank you!

Regards,
Richard
2 Strawberry Hermit Crabs & 2 Purple Pincher Hermit Crabs
2 German Schnauzers

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Automatic Mister

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 am

I can offer brands -australia - but have you looking into "gardening" quality ones or even what some of the herp/reptile people use in their tanks?
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
rf9661

Post by rf9661 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:I can offer brands -australia - but have you looking into "gardening" quality ones or even what some of the herp/reptile people use in their tanks?
I've looking into the ZooMed fogger but don't know it that will work to increase humidity. I've looked into the MistKing but the nozzles need to be screwed in and I can't screw into the terrarium. I'll let you know if I find any thing else.
2 Strawberry Hermit Crabs & 2 Purple Pincher Hermit Crabs
2 German Schnauzers

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Pretty much any fogger will increase humidity... Trust me, a fogger running 100% will have no problem in a 200g tank. If I run mine 100% - since its dialled - in 15mins the tank will be just fog. :) The only problem is that the zoomed doesn't look like it has a large reservoir, so you would need to constantly refill it.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies